Ivypetal's Exile

The amber she-cat's heart felt like it would burst from her chest. She had been running for what seemed like moons, when in reality it had only been one or two heart-beats.

She was done. She was sad. She was spiteful.

Her friend, Sunflowers, had brought up the death of Whiteflame. Her mate.

He was murdered by a cat who was yet to be known in a border fight with MistyClan.

Shadowedstar was on the patrol, so every cat assumed he was killed by her due to the tufts of white fur found in his claws.

She skidded to a rough stop, panting. She looked into the river.

She thought of all of the good times with Whiteflame.

My muzzle curled into a smile as I raced along side my white-furred mate. His eyes had a gleeful look in them as he looked to me. I blinked happily.
I saw a small hill a couple bear lengths away. I tensed my muscles, ready to jump.
Whiteflame jumped, landing gracefully on the far right side of the
hill. I jumped after him, only to accidentally barrel him over.

I started to tear up.

We both broke out in laughter. "Sorry!" I said, giggling.
Whiteflame laughed. "Well, guess what?" He said, looking up at me from the soft grayish ground. "What?" I said smiling.
He suddenly lifted his arms to knock me off of him.

I started to cry.

I thought fast. I hit my head against his shoulder, hitting him to the ground again. He kept to the side, surprising me.
He hit my side, knocking me over for the last time.
"Sorry!" He mimicked happily. I laughed again.
He stepped aside from me. Letting me sit up. His deep blue eyes had a light spark to them.
"Guess what?" He smiled, pressing against me. "Hmm?" I hummed in question, resting my head against his. "I love you."

I felt like wailing, my cheeks were wet with fresh tears.

I looked back to the river, seeing my reflection. I looked like a mess. My eyes were red and puffy, my fur was fluffed out by the flashback, and my mouth was formed in a deep frown, knowing that if I stopped frowning I would start hysterical crying.

I looked to Silver Pelt. I connected all the stars I could, In hopes to make out any of the aspects of Whiteflame. Nothing could be made out.

I couldn't hold it back. I started to wail.

My sorrow filled yowls would randomly cut off for a heart-beat and start again.

I took my paw and swiped it across the clear river.

"Ivypetal." An unknown voice murmured.

A starry figure appeared. His blue-gray pelt was tinted white, and his amber eyes looked bright and wise.

Before I could say anything, he spoke again.

"A sun's glare upon flowers will show the true path of a shadowed flame." The starry cat said quietly, before vanishing.

My fur stuck up.

"What?!" I said rapidly looking at silver pelt.
Why a prophecy? I asked myself. Why now..?

She flicked her tail. Her eyes were tired. Her legs began to shake, as well. She laid down beside the river, her paw lightly touching the surface.
Her senses going dark as the steady waves splashing soothed her to sleep.

A sun's glare upon flowers will show the true path of a shadowed flame.

Ivypetal awoke to the same voice echoing the prophecy.

She saw Sunflowers. She was walking.
She then saw Shadowedstar. She grimaced. Shadowedstar wordlessly beside her.
All of a sudden, a pool of blood came into view. A white tabby, tined red, then came.

She recognized him. It was Whiteflame.

She parted her jaws, but nothing came out.

She silently watched as the three white cats walked beside each other. Then, suddenly, Whiteflame jumped at the tall leader, claws unsheathed. She reacted quickly, with a quick slash to his neck.

He stepped back, but jumped once more, barreling her over.

Sunflowers then yowled, and jumped at two blood matted cats. Ivypetal expected her to help Whiteflame kill Shadowedstar, but she slashed Whiteflame's flank, knocking him over.
She then proceeded to vividly rip her mate to shreds as Shadowedstar fled.

She jolted awake, anger filling her paws.

It was Sunflowers! She felt like yowling.

She got up and sprinted to the camp, not answering the guard's questions of where she had been.

She looked rapidly around for the white she-cat, and nearly squealed in joy at finding her.

She ran to the murderer, and barreled her over. She screeched in surprise as Ivypetal clamped down on her neck.

Sunflowers barely had time to look at her attacker as the life was drained out of her. She fell limply to the ground.

"Murderer!" Multiple cats screeched, looking at her.

Ambition slowly turned to dread as she looked around.

"N-no! She killed Whiteflame!" She said ducking, the scent of blood thick.

Littlestar watched from above in horror. It took no time for him to say the chants of banishment.
"Ivypetal, you murdered Sunflowers. By the name of StarClan, I exile you!" He growled.

Ivypetal shrunk under his, and every other cat's gaze. It took no second thinking. She turned tails and fled RavenClan.