The Other Half

Zacznij od początku

It all started when I was a mere girl of fourteen; not immature, though not fully grown either.

It had been our birthday.

Two liberally frosted cakes bearing our names: Tori and Veronica, lay on the kitchen bench, waiting to be eaten.

In another room, a newly blossoming young girl (whose name happens to be Veronica) is sitting quietly by herself in the corner, her back toward anyone who might've entered the room at that moment. This is the day I made the biggest mistake of caring about my sister, her health, her whereabouts, her safety and anything remotely concerning her. The day I would give anything to take back.

I was very excited.

I was finally a grown up.

Having lived a rather strict lifestyle, fourteen was the age in which everything was permissible. Inviting friends, attending parties, going out shopping were just some of the things that I was going to be allowed to do once our old grandfather clock, settled stylishly on the mantle piece, hit 1:00 P.M.

I was looking for Veronica, eager to share this piece of (in my opinion) wonderful news with her.

"Veronica! I got something to tell you!" I hollered, my voice echoing and reverberating against our bare walls.

Determined to find her, I enter every room in the house until I come across her hunched figure in the corner of our guest bedroom.

"Veronica, there you are! I've been looking all over for you. Are you okay?"

No reply.

"Veronica this isn't funny."

I tentatively take a few steps towards her when suddenly I notice drips of blood on her identical to mine sundress. I peer over her shoulder and in comparison to what I'm wearing, there's a huge difference.

One of my dad's razors are in her hand and there are multiple cuts along her arms. Blood is pouring out of her wounds and trails down the length of her arm all the way to her wrist, almost as though it is etching it's spider web-like design permanently on her skin. I bend down next to her, determined to find out who would dare do this to my sister.

"Veronica! Answer me! Who did this to you?"

She slowly turns her head round and faces me, eyes darting to look at something (or as I look back at the memory now: someone) just for a split second. Her expression changes from defiance to that of a broken child in despair. Eyes watering she begins sobbing hysterically and scrambles away from me.

"I'm so sorry Tori! I won't ever use your stuff without permission ever again! Please don't hurt me!" She sobs, words barely understandable.

"And just what is going on here?" Comes the stern voice of my mother from the end of the room.

I whip my head to go and look at her, ready to explain myself or rather Veronica.

"Oh my Goodness! What were you thinking? Have you gone absolutely mad?!" She comes rushing to Veronica's aid.

"I couldn't believe it either Mum. I tried asking her who did this but she wouldn't answer me."

"You can forget about celebrating anything today. She needs to be at the hospital!"

"How could you do this to your sister?! On your birthdays nonetheless!" Eyes burning of rage, she continues to yell at me; accuse me. Obviously, our mother fell for Veronica's little stunt.

I was speechless. Absolutely gobsmacked. She thought I would do such a thing to my own sister, my own blood and flesh.

There it was.

The big blow.

The day everything went to pieces. Everything changed.

But wait, I forgot one measly detail of this event.

The horrific, gruesome, self-satisfied smirk that I received from Veronica from under our mothers arm, as she carried Veronica in her arms.

Little did I know, that that smirk is what I would grow accustomed to in the future.

And from that day onwards, my life was never the same.

__________________________

Hi guys!!:)

**if there's anybody reading this... (trails off uncertainly and mumbles..)

Please vote and comment and tell me what you think. I really want to know if it's worth continuing or not!**

:3

DONT FORGET TO RECOMVO

(Read comment vote)

x