27

(( mabel ))

"Honestly, I expected better from you," Bridgette said straight in my face.

I brushed that insult aside.

"Hi Bridgette. Nice to meet you," I gritted my teeth, looking up at her with her lackeys. Dramatic appearance much.

"Yeah, this is what I call a fake bxtch. Someone who goes all tattletale on her boyfriend, and chats up random people as you replacement she is so forever alone," she said menacingly, this time also directing it to Belle.

Beside me, I saw Belle winced as she took in Bridgette's insult.

Fury built up inside me. What have I even done to her? What have I done? Tell me. What did I do to deserve all this?

First, the notebook and now even coming up to me randomly during lunch break to taunt me?

I knew she did it because she was jealous. Jealous of me and Bill. I already have Bill's backing and he is mine. No matter how selfish I might sound, I need to mark my own territory.

"Pot calling the kettle black," I muttered, loud enough for her to hear.

"Excuse me?" she replied in a fake accusing voice, in a voice that made me want to shut myself out, close my eyes or just sew those lips full of lipstick together.

This conversation is going nowhere, I decided.

"This conversation is going nowhere," I stared blankly at her.

She knows I am not going to stoop down to her level and that I will not be let down so easily. Too bad, Bridgette. I am way better than that.

She sighed dramatically.

"This. Isn't over."

She left.

Somehow, I had a nasty feeling in my gut this wouldn't be the last. Sigh.

"What was that?" Belle looked at me, wide-eyed.

"Oh Belle. Uh I am really sorry she said that to you, you don't deserve to hear all this. Well you see, she is kind of going after my boyfriend so like yeah."

She nodded.

"No worries, Mabel, I am okay." 

She continued, "Oh, but you do know that she always gets what she wants right? You definitely know about it, after all, the drama involving her and her big clique..."

"Yeah, guess I will just go on with it."

"Who is your boyfriend?" Belle asked curiously.

"Bill," I replied, earning a gasp from her.

"Ah, I know him he's from basketball right, did you hear that Bridgette dated Benjamin from basketball as well? So I  see where this is going..."

I laughed back, nodding.

"But I am glad that after all this, we are still together," I said truthfully.

"AW that's nice to hear!" Belle gushed. Although I wasn't close to her, I am really starting to like you.

And as if she read my mind, she said the words that I really needed to hear.

 "Mabel, I am really starting to like you."

---

The day ended quickly and I met Bill outside the school.

His eyes appeared lost and dazed as he walked out, but lit up when they met mine.

I gave him a soft kiss on his cheek, tiptoeing a bit.

He laughed into my neck, and the sensational feelings that I have experienced over and over again made me even more certain that I have made the right choice.

"I miss you," the words stumbled out of my mouth before I could even process it.

He looked kind of shocked for a moment, but his expression softened quickly.

"Me too, Shooting Star. I always have."

He ran a hand through his hair, his messy yet irresistible hair that shone brightly under the golden sun. Slipping his hand around my waist,  we started walking home.

I will never hate walks like these home.

"I managed to make new friends today, I feel so happy," I started and Bill chuckled.

"Well, I was about to say the same thing. I like hanging out with Louis and I am honestly glad he shares the same sentiments with me."

We walked a bit more, before Bill asked, "Did Bridgette approach you during lunch?" 

I thought about the brief 'friendly conversation' just now.

"Yeah she did..."

"But I wasn't too affected, don't worry. I guess she will continue confronting me, but I am ready." I finished quickly.

Bill looked relieved to hear that.

"That's my girl!" He exclaimed and I laughed at his foolishness.

"Bridgette is stupid for trying to break our relationship, and she will never get what she want. Little does she know, we are now ganging up to fight against her. Thank you, Bill, for never giving up on me."

He looked at me with an unreadable expression on his face, before bending now and nuzzling his head against mine. 

---

hey guys i havent been online for so long, i know and i am so sorry oops but i have recently been busy writing my oher stories with my other account maroonfeathers !!! do follow me, i follow back too yay! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! 

and as for this good ol' story, i think i am going to end it soon, maybe 30 chapters and a epilogue? only now have i realised my love for writing like although i spend hours on end on one ridiculous chapter, i feel so happy reading all you comments so thank you so much for that!!!