Bad Boy Love ~ Part 42

Start from the beginning

I take a deep breath as I turn it and slowly push open his door.

He lies on his bed, still wearing the same clothes from last night. He clutches his pillow, sound asleep. No blankets cover him, and he only wears one shoe. Where's his other shoe?

My heart aches as I close the door. There is no way I will be able to get him back.

I step into my room and begin taking my things off of the shelves and packing them back into my suitcases. The last object I grab is my journal. I stare down at it as my eyes well up with tears.

God, what have I done?

Jake's P.O.V.

"That's the thing," I say as I give Maya a weak smile. "I don't feel anything. I don't hurt. You numbed me again, Maya. And you're gonna have to live with that." I finish as I reach over and open the car door.

"Jacob, please stay in the car. Jacob!" She yells out to me as I slam the door shut.

It takes everything I have to not climb back into the car. To hold her. To tell her all I ever wanted was her. To make her mine forever and always.

But I can't make her happy, and she expressed that in the most obvious way.

"Goodbye, Maya," I say as I toss her car keys at her. I'm tired of this. "I'll see you at home."

I turn and walk off. I don't know where to. Honestly, I have no clue where I'm walking. I just know I have to be away from her. She suffocates me.

Whenever I would look at her, my breath would be taken away. She truly was breath taking. But I'm starting to realize that just being in her presence was suffocating me. She isn't breath taking, she's smothering.

The world spins. Those pills I took are strong. Too strong. The pot I smoked didn't help either. Neither did the vodka. Cross faded as fuck.

I pull my phone out of my pocket. "Taylor. Bro, you gotta come pick me up. I'm fucked up," I laugh as I look around at the unfamiliar houses.

"Dude, where are you? Rick can come pick you up. We found another party. After party, dude. It's a fucking rager."

"Corner of 5th and Ivy. Bro, you gotta come pick me up. I'm fucked up," I repeat.

"You already said that, dude," Taylor laughs.

I did?

"Just hurry your fucking ass up and get me."

...

"Party's here!" Taylor yells as we step through the door. Many familiar faces from the earlier party whoop and holler as we step into the living room. The house is small. One story with a basement. People are crowded into the home.

I squeeze through the crowd of crazy teenagers and college students. It's rare to find a party where college students and high schoolers are actually getting along.

I step into the kitchen and find some other guys from my school.

"Aye! It's the man!" Colin, a friend from my Physics class, yells at me.

"You know it," I laugh as I grab a bottle of cheap tequila.

I pour two shots and hand one to Colin. He has his hand around a girls waist. She's pretty. Red head. Green eyes. Big tits. Exactly what Colin would go for.