Chapter 3: Synchronicity

It wasn't necessarly unusual for an Alpha to take a youngling under his paws, but it is rare enough for it to be weird. Rain didn't want to comment, in fact it's an honor to be under the paw of the Alpha.

"The Alpha? Why?" Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back and then it was stuck by lightning. But there is nothing in the that saying that says what would happen to a werewolf boy. So why not? There is no harm in asking, right?

Shamara sighs, eyes a dark blue, turning to the portat of her late husband, Han. Oh, how she missed him so, It was only 6 years ago that he passed. She can feel it, her life slipping away. It wont be long now before she joins Han in the sky, among her son and daughter-in-law.

"I'm not sure, but there must be a good reason. I'm sure it will reveal itself in time. For now, Rain, you shouldn't worry. Now is the time to be focusing on yourself and your training. As of today, you are now apart of our clan." She looks back to him with a hint of pride. She remembers when her son, Rory, transformed for the first time. That was one of the happiest days of her life. "I'm so proud of you, Rain. Rory and Hannah would be too."

Rain smiles at the name of his parents. They sure would be proud. They were the type of parents that would always be in your life and constantly support you. Rain was especially close to his mother.

Hannah always said that Rain was her baby boy and Rory always said that Raven was his little angel and together both were miracles to the loving parents.

"Okay, I understand." Rain says softly. "So, should I go meet him?"

Shamara nods. "Yes, in the mornings, Silver works at the pound. Now that you are completely part of the pack, you need to start remembering where all the other pack members work and live in our town which shouldn't be that hard considering it's so small." Shamara chuckles. "Oh don't mind me. Go to the pound, to Alpha. He will let you know what is going on."

Raven nods and heads upstairs to quickly change in jeans and a t-shirt before running out the door and onto the gravel road toward the pound.

Today, his muscles are stiff from all the sleep and lack thereof, but there is an excitement for the day ahead that ushers him forward.

He slows to a steady walk as he nears the sound of barking dogs. He climbs up the stone steps into that building, the smell of dog completely overtakes his senses.

"Alph-" Rain clears his throat. "Uh, Si-Silver?"

The woman at the front desk, a girl named Elena, looks up to Rain and smiles lightly. In a low whisper, she says, "Alpha is out back." Then looks to the computer in front of her.

Rain nods and with a little wave, he weaves himself past the front desk and into the backroom where there is multiple types of dogs, all barking, excited to see a new person. They can sense the difference in him, just like those that run this place, that brings them food and water and takes them out to play every day.

Rain sees a silver head bobbing up and down in a cage, trying to clean a German Sheperd.

"Alpha?" He asks, stepping closer.

"Silver," the Alpha murmurs half heartedly, still tending to the mud on the dog's fur.

Rain gasps, "Oh sorry, Alpha- I mean, uh..." he rubs the back of his head. "I'm sorry."

Silver laughs breathlessly, finally washing the last of the suds off the dog and give him an affectionate pat on the head before leading the 2 year old to his cage. Once it's secure, he turns to his new student, clanmate and possible mate. "Look, Rain, it's fine. I get it. It'll just take a bit of time to get into the habit of calling me by my name while in public. Here, it's fine. The dogs wont tell anyone."

The normally timid wolf nods. "Yes... Silver..."

A shiver runs down the alfa's spine. His name alone does this? That boy merely says his name and it warms his body. This boy... he's got to be Silver's mate.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I chose you to be student," Silver says smoothly, walking by the black haired boy, holding his breath until he is away from what he's sure to be an intoxicating scent, before turning back to him. "Simple. This way."

Silver leads Rain out back to the wide space where the dogs freely run. It's surrounded by forest, the perfect protection. They both walk to the middle of the field.

"What do you know about mates?"  Silver asks abruptly, stopping in the middle of the open space. Rain stops immediately after him, confused.

"Huh?"

"Rain, what do you know about mates?" Silver asks, turning to look at the small black haired boy.

Rain looks around the open area, thinking back to what his parents had taught him as a child, when they were alive. "Um, only that every werewolf has only one in their lifetime. That we become bound to them. Also, without them, we eventually whither away." He looks up to his Alpha respectfully. "Why, Alpha?" his voice is soft.

Silver walks around Rain like he is some sort of prey. Rain shivers when Silver stands directly behind him. So close, Rain can feel his alfa's breath on the back of his neck.

"Can't you tell...?" He whispers, wind gently blowing Silver's scent into Rain's hypersensitive nose, filling it with something so intoxicaing that Rain began to feel light headed.

"A-Alpha...?" Rain murmurs, unable to stop himself from turning his head to see his Alpha in the corner of his eye, Silver's own eyes were half lidded as he stared into that beautiful sky blue abyss. "I-I don't understand."

It's true, Rain's concious mind, has no idea what's really happening between them. Although, the animal inside, the werewolf blood knows exactly what's happening. It knows that it's mate is near and it's yearning.

Silver smiles lightly and leans his forehead against Rain's. Turning the boy to completely face him, he closes his eyes and merely relishes in the closeness of his young mate.

"Isn't it obvious...?" he mumbles, a teasing in place. "You are my mate."

Their breaths mingled, filtering together in unison. Both hearts speed up and pound in synchroniscity.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

So close. They could feel each other. Like their already hightened senses started picking up the others. It proved everything. The two were mates, both could feel it. Could feel each other. Like each wolf's thoughts and feelings all opened for the other to feel.

Rain could feel it. Silver's almost crushing desire to kiss him. To hold him and do so much to and with him. He knows that Silver could feel his desire to just let him.

Rain also felt Silver pull away.