I slammed the phone down and smiled wider than I had all week. I can't be lieve it! This is the greatest! And it couldn't have come at a better time. Mark and Ryan will be ecstatic, I have to tell them. And Connor! He's been dying to know, I just have to tell him. Where is he?

I heard fast footsteps coming towards me and I spun around on my heel. Ryan burst out of the kitchen door, his eyes wild. "Allison! You've got to come quickly, something's happened to Connor! He's in the backyard."

My heart stops. No, please, God no. Please don't do this to me. He's my everything! I push past Ryan and sprint to the backyard. I hear someone that sounds strangely like Kim talking over a microphone and people laughing. I turn to see Ryan wheezing to catch up with me. "What is going on here? Why are they laughing if Connor is hurt?"

Guilt flashes across Ryan's face. "Look, Allison... There's something I have to tell you."

"Not now!" I turn around and jog through the gate and make my way through the tables, eyes scanning the yard for blood, for Connor, for anything. 

Instead, I see Kim. She's standing on the balcony, smiling down at the crowd and speaking into a microphone. She's wearing a beautiful pink dress that sparkles when she moves. Mark is standing below her, looking nervous but angry. I stop to listen, and she sees me.

"And here she is now, the one who planned all this. Allison Danielson! The crowd claps politely, and my face flushes. Mark turns a spotlight on me and I block out the light with my hand. "Tell us, Allison. How did you come up with all the amazing decorations, the food, the service, in such little time? The florist alone must have had to be booked months in advance."

Murmering breaks out and Kim smiles evily. "Yes, it's suspicious, isn't it? Could it be that Allison had a little help? Could it be that her parents are stil in control, even after their tragic and untimely death?"

Kim walks slowly across the balcony, pausing for effect and pacing for emphasis. "Yes, it's true. Allison sold out. She gave in to her parents demands about their funeral, about their life, in return for money. She sold out her parents' own funeral for a few bucks! And look around, people- it's not like they need the money."

More whispers break out, this time more hostile. "And that's not even the best part! Allison hated her parents. She never loved them, always resented their role in her life. They controlled her from the moment she was born. They gave her everything; this house, her husband, even her kids were planned by them. And Allison never quite got used to that. But she sold out her beliefs for money. She hated everything about them, even their friends. Yes- that means all of you! She doesn't want you here. She hates us; she hates all of us.

"And I would know! I was her best friend for years! But once she got everything she wanted- the perfect husband, the perfect job, the perfect family- I wasn't needed anymore. I was old news, and she disposed of me. Are we going to let her do that to us? Are we going to put up with her crap anymore?"

"NO!" A thousand voices rang out through the yard, jarring me to the core. I spun around and stared accusingly at Ryan through tears. He frowned and averted his eyes. How could they do this to me? It's not true, any of it! They have to know. I ran up the stairs andnarrowed my eyes. As I reached forward to take the microphone from Kim, she looked into my eyes and smiled. Then she pushed me.

***

Connor's POV

Remind me again why I wore a white shirt?

It was only a matter of time before I spilled something on it. And of course, ketchup was the chosen condiment.

Haha: condiment. That's a funny word.

I shook my head. Focus! How did Allie say to get stains out of clothes? Something about laundry detergent. She talks about that a lot. Yeah, let's try that. I pick up the containor and pour a little into my hands, gently rubbing it onto my stained shirt. Awesome, now I can leave. I turned and bumped into someone.

"Oh, my bad." I looked up and saw Simon staring into my eyes, frowning. "Simon. What are you doing here? I thought I took care of you at the church."

He smiled menacingly and grasped my shirt in his fist. "Yeah, well, I never got a chance to repay the favor."

I smirked at his purple bruise underneath his glasses. "Nice eye."

"You're gonna pay for that one, Danielson."

"Ooh, tough guy, calling me by my last name. What, did you see that on some tv sitcom?"

He swung his fist faster than I could blink. It connected with my jaw and sent me sprawling back onto the counter, spilling a glass of wine on my head. He smirked and pulled back his foot to kick my in the gut, but I grabbed it and twisted it around, sending him falling to the floor. I pull him by his hair and push him into the wall opposite me.

He connects with a loud thud that makes me cringe. But he's on his feet in no time, sending a solid kick to my chest.I fall back and clutch my heart, writing on the ground. He laughs and kicks my gut. "I guess somebody's not as good as he thought. Too bad Allison's not here to save you this time. She's a bit preoccupied at the moment."

"What do you mean?" I manage. "What did you do to her?"

"Oh, you'll be joining her soon enough, don't worry. By the time Kim and Mark are finished with them, she'll be lying in the hospital bed next to you."

I frown and kick his legs out from under him. Soon, I'm leaning over him, delivering punch after punch. His nose is left bleeding and bruised and his glasses are imprinted into his skull. "Now, tell me... where is Allison?" I wheeze.

But he's not out yet. He pushed me off him and hits me on the nose. I feel blood rush out of it and I shake my head. "See, that was a mistake. Who'd wanna mess up a face as pretty as mine? But yours... well, let's just say this is an improvement."

We stand facing each other, panting and bleeding, each poised for attack but not ready to make the first move. "Look, I'm leaving. I loved Allison, okay? I'm sure you see the appeal. But I don't love her enough to stay here and get my butt kicked for a third time. You're on your own to find her, man. Good luck."

He slips out of the room and I watch him leave in disgust. I hope I never see that loser again. He didn't even have cool clothes. What grown man shops at Abercrombie? God...

Oh! Allison! I have to go save her, I have to. But where is she? Ryan bursts into the room, hair wild, and looks around. Once he sees me, he runs over and grabs my arm, pulling me after him. He was surprisingly strong for such a scrawny guy. 

"Where are we going?"

"Allison! I made a mistake, I didn't mean to, it was all Kim's idea. She lured Mark into thinking Allison deserved it..."

"Deserved what?"

He shakes his head. "No time! Go to the backyard, she'll be there with Mark and Kim." I nod and run to the balcony. As my hand touches the doornob, Ryan calls out to me. "Connor?" I turn to face him. "Punch Kim in the face for me, will you?"

I grin and wrench the door open. Time to save my damsel in distress.

*****

Amazing, right!? I finally know what Allison's secret is, you're never going to guess! Im so excited! But i feel like it's going too fast, im only on chapter 13, so you won't hear it for a while! I hope you like all my song selections on the past few chapters! (: just a little music for effect! enjoy the update, i tried to make it longer this time. New story on my other channel, xXSnazzyReaderXx, so check it out! See you guys soon! OH! and comment questions are back: What would you do to Kim and Mark if you were Allison? Leave me a response and get chosen for next chapter's dedication!

WRITE ON!

<3 SnazzyReader