six

A/N: i know i've been inactive for so long. i'm sorry. i'm just gonna do the best i can with this story but i'm busy asf at school bc i'm in some Z classes (like a new zealand version of AP classes) so yeah. please put up with me heh

~Lily~

I exit Walmart with a bag of things I bought. I make my way to the bus stop and wait patiently so I can get back.

--10 minutes later--

The bus still hasn't arrived. The street is more calm than usual, and it's unnerving. Suddenly a silver Prius livens up the street, bringing a newfound sense of life to its surroundings. I look at it, feeling a sense of familiarity. I swear I've seen that car before...

"Hi Lily! What a coincidence seeing you here!" I hear a voice call out from the car.
I pay closer attention to who's inside it, and wouldn't you know, it was that Josh guy!
"Hi Josh! What are you doing here?" I ask.
He parks a few metres away from the bus stop and hops out. Again, he's wearing a snapback. What's up with this guy and snapbacks? He sits beside me and starts talking.
"Well isn't this interesting?" he exclaims. "Do you need a ride back?"
"Um, yeah. I just realised I spent all my money inside the store." I frown.
"Well I don't mind giving you a ride, I actually just stopped here to go to The Coffee Bean. Have you ever been there? Their coffee is honestly the best!"

He keeps rambling on and on about coffee but I'm distracted by my thoughts. Will I ever tell Josh about my problems? He seems like a trustworthy guy, I guess.

"So are you coming?" he asks.
"Sorry, what?" I wasn't listening.
"To The Coffee Bean. Do you want to come with me?"
"Sure. But I don't drink a lot of coffee," I reply.

We leave the bus stop and cross the road. Turns out everyone was in the coffee shop, no wonder the road was deserted!

"Hey Josh, I'll just wait outside okay?"
"Okay sure, I'll be quick."

I pace back and forth while waiting, trying
to think of an innovative way to pass the time.

But suddenly, out of nowhere, a pair of hands clamp over my face and my body. I'm being dragged backwards, but I can't scream.

Fuck.

The last thing I remember before passing out was the sound of Josh's voice screaming out my name in despair.

Then everything was dark. Numb.