I frowned and remembered that it was the box where I hid my secrets or whatever objects I liked when I was a kid. I had this box when I was about five or six years old.

Whoa, that means this box is about 11 or 12 years old?! Well, I'm not really surprised because I still have Michelle, my doll, who is about 10 years old.

I took the box and couldn't open it because of the lock.

"Where the hell did I put the key?" I furrowed my eyebrows and pursed my lips. I just shrugged and went to get the small plastic with my hairpins.

"What?!" I blurted out. "Only six of them left? Where are the rest of my hairpins?"

Tsk, I better take good care of these.

I picked the lock with my hairpin. Yeah, I know how to pick locks. I smiled proudly when I unlocked the lock.

I licked my lips while opening the box. I saw a small notebook, and I'm pretty sure it's the diary of little me. The first page was a drawing. It was, of course, stick figures. It looked like I was in a park with Jake and.....a boy.

I just shrugged it off, thinking that I must be very friendly back then, so it's no surprise that there's a stranger in the drawing.

I looked at the date, and saw that it was like 14 years ago. Oh, that explains why I drew my experiences instead of writing them. I was only 3 years old.

I turned to the next page and saw that I'm still in the park with that stranger boy, but Jake was not with me anymore.

Hmm... Little me was having a little date with some little boy in a little park, huh? That's kind of insulting. I was 3 years old and was dating someone back then. Now, I'm 17 and dating food.

I scowled at the diary and put it down to look at the other things in the box. I found some pictures of me when I was about 5 years old with my friends. I frowned when I realized that there were many boys in the picture. I was hoping that I could find the boy I was "dating." I smiled, thinking that it would be nice if I remember those days.

I saw something glittering at the bottom. I grasped it and let it dangle in front of my face. It was a locket. Suddenly, I felt like I was going to cry. I didn't know why though. I just felt the happiness, the nostalgia, the pain, and the warmth spreading throughout my body.

Then, a blurred picture of a boy flashed in my mind. I gasped and dropped the locket when someone opened the door. My eyes widened when I saw it was Kris. I hastily put the locket and the other things back in the box.

I didn't even bother to reprimand him that he was supposed to knock.

"What...are you doing? What are those?" I could hear his footsteps getting closer.

"Uhh...nothing..just nothing. Haha.." I nervously laughed and scratched my nape, not looking at him.

I could see him staring at me from the corner of my eye. He then focused his attention on the small box that I've been holding tightly.

None of us dared to talk or even utter a single word. After a while, he awkwardly cleared his throat and said, "Maria and Rachelle are going home. And I need to 'go home', too."

I realized it was already 6 in the afternoon.

"Oh! Uh, yeah.. Right!" I abruptly stood up, causing me to lose my balance. Before I knew it, Kris' face was just centimeters away from mine. My eyes widened, and I pushed him away, as if I was burned by him.

I saw pain in his eyes, but it was gone when I blinked. He licked his bottom lip and sighed.

"Look, Kylie, about what happened earlier..." he trailed off.