Chapter 3

"What the hell are you talking about?" Santana Lopez exclaimed into her mobile phone.
"Santana, something bad's happening," said Rachel on the other end, fighting to keep her calm.
"Nothing's happening," Santana said lazily, "This is just a really lame attempt to prank me, even for you. Got me!"

Rachel could hear the sarcasm in Santana's voice, something she should've been used to. This time, however, Rachel wasn't going to listen to it any longer. She took the phone from her ear, not hanging up on Santana, and proceeded to message her the screenshot of Blaine's message that Kurt had sent her. She also sent a screenshot of Kitty's tweet, along with all the retweets. There was a silence as Santana took in what she was reading, and when she spoke again she did with a completely different demeanour.
"Brittany," Santana said blankly, "where's Brittany? What's going on with Brit?"
"I don't know," replied Rachel, opening Brittany's social media pages as she spoke, "she hasn't posted anything since yesterday."

As Rachel continued talking to Santana and Kurt frantically dialled Mercedes Jones's number, Brittany Pearce remained in McKinley, hiding terrified inside a bathroom stall. She quietly sobbed as she touched her bleach-blonde hair repeatedly in an effort to keep herself calm. She didn't dare touch her phone in case she accidentally set off a sound effect. Brittany's boyfriend Sam Evans was hidden in the choir room, but her thoughts were not with him, but with Santana. All of a sudden, Brittany's phone began to vibrate violently as she received text message after text message. It then vibrated in slow intervals, clearly ringing on silent. Brittany's eyes widened with horror as she fumbled in her pocket to find the phone and shut it off before it gave her away. She pulled it out and looked at the screen to see multiple text messages from Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes and Sam. It was the many texts and missed calls from Santana from the last two minutes that brought Brittany to hysterics. She was shaking with grief as she stared at Santana's name repeated over and over again on the screen next to all the texts she had sent.