Chapter 1

"Alright, let's get started."
Will Schuester addressed his glee club with, well, glee. After a rough couple of days at William McKinley High School involving Brittany Pearce's cat, Lord Tubbington, and a possible meteor strike, he and the New Directions were eager to move forward onto more positive topics. Sitting before him was the school glee club he coached. Blaine Anderson sat alone in the back row wearing a Cheerios uniform. Wade Adams, or 'Unique' as he preferred to go as, was seated in the middle row next to Marley Rose and Ryder Lynn. Sam Evans and Jake Puckerman sat next to each other in the front row, along with Artie Abrams, who's wheelchair was parked next to the two other boys. Having just walked in and perched in a seat next to Artie was Kitty Wilde, also in a Cheerios uniform. Coach Shannon Beiste stood next to Mr Schue, ready to have a little bit of fun. Brittany Pierce had just stepped out of the choir room to head to the bathroom, and Tina Cohen-Chang seemed to be late to practise.

As Mr Schue clapped his hands together (a thing he often did when excited), a much louder sound was created. Everyone in the room looked up in shock, all keeping silent. The sound was followed by a shrill cry from somewhere in the school and then another loud bang; unmistakably a gunshot. Mr Schue and Coach Beiste leaped into action, moving the students out of their chairs and out of view. Jake grabbed Marley's hand and pulled her to safety with him as Unique stayed in his chair, his train of thought lost in fear. Schue hastily continued herding the students away form the doors and windows as Bieste switched off the lights and shut the blinds. As everyone silently settled into their hiding spots, they worriedly began to comprehend what was happening. For the first time ever, William McKinley High School housed a gunman.

Outside the room a commotion could be heard as students in the hallway raced to be out of eyeshot. Doors slamming and furious footsteps were only a few of the plethora of sounds audible. Soon, however, everything fell silent. The glee club sat soundless, all beginning to worry.

"Are we even sure those were gunshots?" Blaine whispered to anyone within earshot. His question was met with multiple violent shushes.
"Guys," Mr Schue said softly after a few moments, "start texting people. Tweeting. Let people know what's going on."
The students all reached into their pockets and bags for their mobile phones.
"But don't tell anyone where we are!" Mr Schue added quickly, "shooters have smartphones, too."

Blaine pulled out his phone and began to text the first person who came to mind. He hit send and put his phone away again with a slight pang.