Spies in the Shadows

Author Pov's
I'm sick because I didn't drink water that often and it doesn't mean I'll discontinue.
------------------------------------------------------
In the dark night
(8:30 p.m)
(Y/N) say goodbye to the last customers and she use the keys to close the restaurant.

While (Y/N) was done, She put the keys inside her (favorite sweater/jacket) and headed back home.

Then she heard jazz music across the street

While she walking there,(Y/N) spotted four gentleman playing the drums,guitar,flute and the trumpet and the little young boy was dancing.

(Y/N) smiled and put her gold coins inside the bucket.

"Thank you mademoiselle " said the man who plays the trumpet.

(Y/N) smiled warmly and nodded her head.

(Y/N) walked past the music band.

One hour later,(Y/N) has passed the music store,the flower shop and the St.Louis Cathedral Church with the Andrew Jackson. statue.(Y/N) begin to wonder the Shadowman might know her and Toby were looking for him and his minion for two months.And she have a funniest feeling that she already meet the Shadowman before....

Her thoughts were interrupted by horse hooves behind her
She turned around and saw two couples in the horse carriage which she smiled
It remembers her adventures with Toby when they were young
The time where she and Toby helped Basil and Dawson to find Olivia father and stop Professor Ratigan and his thugs for plotting to overthrow Queen Moustoria in London.

"What an interesting tale"said the voice behind the shadows.

(Y/N) shocked and turns around quickly and get into her fighting position ready

"No need to be frightened,my dear" said the stranger who appear in the shadows.

It's the young man who flirts with her at the Duke's Cafe

"Oh it's you ummm..."(Y/N) stopped and remember she doesn't know his name back at the Duke's Café.

"Sorry for being rude...What is your name" she said.

"Names do not matter,my dear."
Makes (Y/N) raised her eyebrow

"What important here is what I can give you~" he said

"What kind of favor" said (Y/N).

"My dear.I just want to accompany with you" he said smoothly.

(Y/N) eyes widened that he wants to accompany with her.But she only met him for a day and doesn't even know him.Her decision was...
"I do appreciate the offer but no,thank you"said (Y/N)

He didn't say a word;just giving her a sneered smile.He takes few steps forward infront of her.
(Y/N) remained stood and waiting for him to speak
"I understand cheri but I'm sure your little friend Toby might be worried about you"

Her eyes are widened
"How did you know about my-"
(Y/N) said
They were interrupt when they heard the streetcar was coming
"It's nice meeting you sir and goodnight"she said as she shake his hand and starts headed towards the streetcar
She get in and gave money to the conductor

(Y/N) choose a wooden seat near the door and sat down.She looked through the window.
He waved his right hand politely.But his purple eyes was like a predator was going to chase his prey and his smile...was very dark and sinister.

(Y/N) smiled awkwardly and wave back to him as the streetcar starts moving towards home

At 10:00 p.m
(Y/N) get off the streetcar and say "thank you" to the driver.
"Your welcome madam"said the conductor.
As the streetcar pulled away,(Y/N) opened the gate and closed it.
She went passed the garden and went towards the front door.She take out her keys and opens the door.As she stepped in;she closed the door,put the keys inside her favorite (jacket/sweater) and hangs in the coatrack.
She went upstairs and opened the bedroom door
She spotted Toby reading her  favorite childhood book called the 'Arabian Nights'.Her babysitter Jane used to read her everynight when she was a baby. The story was about a young man named Aladdin who lives with his loving mother and was tricked by the sorcerer who pretends to be his father uncle.Aladdin found the magic lamp and inside the lamp was the powerful genie.With three wishes,Aladdin become rich and powerful to marry the Sultan beautiful daughter.Then the evil sorcerer heard about Aladdin has the lamp and trick the princess to trade the old lamp.The sorcerer almost take over the world then Aladdin stop him for destroying Agrabah.Once the sorcerer got defeated,Aladdin and his princess take over the throne and lived happily ever after.

Toby looked up to see (Y/N) and coming to her
"Did you make contact with Hades?"

(Y/N) nodded"Yes though it seems that Hades and the Shadowman made a deal to trade souls in New Orleans.
Toby understand Hades and Facilier obsessed with ghosts though Hades feel abit uneasy about the Underworld.

(Y/N) sighed and "I'm going to take shower"

She went through her drawers in her dresser picking out her pajamas.
(Y/N) went to the bathroom,locked the door,take out her clothes,climb into the shower and started the water.

Once she finished,she wrapped the bath towel around her,wear her pajamas,wash her face and brush her teeth.

She unlock the door,heads towards her bed and think about what happen to her today.

"Something wrong,(Y/N)" Toby said as he look up to his 'sister'

(Y/N) sighed and said
"I met someone at the Duke's Café.He's smart,patient,
charismatic and reminds me of a love child of Cruella De Vil and Captain Hook and ..."(Y/N) thought for a moment as Toby let her to continue.

"He makes me feel uncomfortable because he  seems to know about you and Jane..."

Toby eyes widened and say "Do you think he's the Shadowman?"

(Y/N) thinking and said
"Without any proof,I must figure out if he's using the tarot cards and voodoo magic".Toby nodded as agreement.

"Well its getting late, we should investigate tomorrow"said (Y/N) as she and Toby getting ready to bed.

"Goodnight Toby" said (Y/N)
"Night (Y/N)" Toby said

She lied her head on her cuddly and cold pillow

They both felt asleep

At midnight
A dark,pitch shadow figure has flown into the bedroom,
seemingly floating above the foot of your bed,staring down at you and turns his head

The shadow opened drawer and spotted the potion make him laugh quietly but something frighten the shadow...was the bag of white sand where (Y/N) father gave to her
The shadow back away and accidentally knocked over the lamp down the floor
Toby ears went up,starts to wake up and spotted the 'shadow'
"(Y/N)..."he whispered as he ready to fight

(Y/N) started to wake up and saw the shadow right infront of her.

There was a moment of silence between the two,(Y/N) was staring and the shadow just tilted his head

But then the shadow began to realize what he was doing and he  flew towards the balcony

"WAIT!" said (Y/N) pulled the bedsheets over,open the balcony doors and saw the Shadowman shadow turn right

(Y/N) jump down from the balcony and landed perfectly on the ground
And Toby went down and transform himself into a snowy owl
They jumped over the fence and starting to chase the shadow

Minutes later,
(Y/N) and Toby appeared under the City Park bridge and knew the shadow was hiding right here.

"Alakazam!" said Toby as he transformed himself back to a dog.

She use her magic and the Pave Crystal Sun necklace appear in (Y/N) hand.When (Y/N) and Toby were 11 years old,they helped Eugene and Rapunzel to take Rapunzel back to her lost family.

"Bluemen-shimmer und Glyhen
Lasen sie ihren Energiegianz
Stellen sie dre uhr her
Qufzuheben

Halen sie zuruck,was einmal
meins war
Heilen sie,was verietzt
gewesenist
Andean sie den
Schicksalsentwurf

Speichern sie,was verloren
worden ist
Halen sie zuruck ist
einmal meine
Was einmal meins war"

The necklace began to glow and spread the light under the bridge

Much to their disappointment,
there was no sign of the shadow

(Y/N) reversed the spell and make necklace vanished

Once they started to walk,(Y/N) spotted something moving in the lake which her right eyebrow raised.

They headed back home,
(Y/N) and Toby went back to sleep and starts thinking about the Shadowman

Next chapter
"Bracelet"