Chapter 31: Interview (2)

"Acha to ap sab main sab se acha Singer kon hai?" She asked.

"Atif." Hussain replied.

"Aur Atif ke baad?" She asked.

"Atif ke baad Hussain." Shehry said while looking at him.

"To Hussain kabhi koi girlfriend bhi bani ke nahi?" She asked politely. He smiled and then he laughed.

"Tumhe deakh kar yehi lagta hai ke tum batana nahi chahte, hain?" She asked like she is their elder sister. I laughed.

"Acha to phir Hussain, agar tum bura na mano to ek gaana hojaye? Kyun larkiyo, sahi kaha?" She said and then she get up from her place. The girls sitting on the show start shouting and clapping. She walked towards Hussain and then she give a mic to Him.

He looked at the girls that were sitting on the show. "Pasand naa aye to bata dena, main ruk jaongi." He said and the girls start laughing.

"....Mujhko barsaat bana lo, ik lammbi raat bana lo, apne jazbaat bana lo jaan. Mujhko alfaaz bana lo, dil ki awaaz bana lo, gehra sa raaz bana lo jaan...."

"Nasha hoon main behakne do. Mere qatil mujhe jeene ka haq toh do..." Uff, wish I was there sitting infront of Hussain.

"Mujhko barsaat bana lo. Ik lammbi raat bana lo. Apne jazbaat bana lo jaan..." After singing this song everyone start clapping. He smiled and then he walked to sit on the sofa.

"Wah, aap main to bohot saare talents hain. MashaAllah phir to aap apni wife ko bhi khush rekh sakein gy. Aise gaane sunaein gy to wo khud khush hojayegi." Nida said. He smiled.

"Acha to aap ek saath doo-doo kaam karte ho. Acting bhi aur dance bhi. To ap dono ko kis main zayada maza aata hai, acting ya dance?" She asked.

"For me personally, I like acting more but dancing is also a hobby. Acting is what I really wanna do. I wanna be an actor." Hussain said.

"Aur apke liye?" She said while pointing at Shehry.

"If I had to choose between acting and dancing, I would choose acting because dancing just comes with the flow. For us, It's not just dancing, it's us having fun and people name that as dancing now-a-days. So for now, I wanna act." He said.

"Acha to apki ek short-film bhi thi jiske liye apne award liya tha...kya naam tha?" She said while thinking the name of the film.

"The Perfect Memory." Shehry said.

"Haan-haan The Perfect Memory. To uske baare main kya kahoge? Matlab ke kaisa experience raha apka?" She asked.

"We filmed it and then submitted it to a competition and we won an award for it. It came in first place in the whole Tri-state area. Humhe bohot acha laga tha kyun ke humne bohot mehnat ki thi. We put a lot of hard work in that because it was too cold and the conditions weren't favorable but that was our first long video. It was of 18 minutes and I think it was worth it." Shehryaar said and then everyone start clapping.

"Acha to jab fans milte hain to kiya reaction hota hai ap logon ka? Matlab..kaisa lagta hai?"

"It feels great because we're loved by so many people. Whenever I go outside, I see adults and aunties coming up to me and repeating lines from 'Dolly Aunty' and telling me that they love it because they can relate to it." Shehry said while smiling.

"Acha to zayada kon milta hai? Mera matlab larkiya ya larke?" She asked.

"Actually girls do come up to us mostly. Jaise ke ek dafa hamare saath howa, hum restaurant gaye howe the tou udhar kuch larkiyan humhe dekhein jaa rahi thi. They weren't sure whether we are Dhoombros or not? So they start google-ing taky unhe sure hojaye. To make sure that it was us they start putting their phones next to our faces. Us waqt humhe samajh nahi thi hum kiya karein." Shehry said and then Nida smiled.