Chapter 5

Climbing aboard your four-bunk sleeper coach that served as your tour bus, it was obvious that you and Bam wouldn't have any privacy on the trip. Bam's tiny smile and resigned shrug told you he was feeling the same way. There was already your four-person crew and you. Added to that now was Bam and a very excited Birdy and Rainy.

Boarding the long bus, Birdy and Rainy squealed and plopped down on the soft leather couches near the front.

"Fancy." Bam looked around at the nicely furnished interior of the bus.
"It was a huge investment that has paid off a hundred times over in the last few years." You smiled and pulled on his hand, leading him further into the bus.

Passing Bam's sisters as you made your way toward the back, you stopped and grinned as they bounced up and down on the cushions.

"We'll be heading out in a few minutes. Seatbelts aren't required but it's probably not a good idea to be bouncing up and down like that when the bus is moving."

"Yes, ma'am." They said in unison and gave you a short military salute.

Laughing, you kept moving toward your destination. You stopped short when you heard Rainy comment to her sister, "She sounds just like Bam."
"I know," Birdy whispered back. "I was halfway expecting her to say, 'Respect the Danger.'"

Your mouth dropped open as you turned wide surprised eyes to Bam. "What was that all about?" You mouthed.
"I can be a little protective of my sisters sometimes. Never mind." He gently pressed his hand to the small of your back and moved your forward.

A few more steps and a few introductions and you were at the back of the bus where two sets of bunk beds lined the wall on either side of you.

Bam raised his eyebrows at you as he looked at the bunk beds and back to the nearby crew. "Seriously?"
"Stop it, boy toy." You pulled him down to sit with you on the bottom bunk. "This is just the quietest place on the bus because it's where people come to sleep."

"Are you sleepy?" Bam asked with a lifting of his brows. "Because if you are, I can go back up front and let you sleep." He joked and pretended to pull away.
"Would you stop!?" You laughed.

Smacking him on the chest with one hand, you slipped off your shoes, folded your legs upon the bunk and motioned for Bam to do the same. When he had kicked of his boots and followed your lead, you reached up and pulled the built-in curtain closed, turning the bunk into a cool, dark cave.

"Shhhh." Your finger was on your lips for only one second before Bam pulled it away and replaced it with his soft lips. You could feel his smile through his kiss and your hands found their way into the softness of the hair at the nape of his neck.

"Hey, aren't those Bam's boots?" You heard the young female voice announce from just outside the bunk.

Bam reluctantly slid his lips off of yours and looked at his watch. "Five minutes. Not bad."
"I'll take what I can get." You grumbled and patted the moisture from your lips with your fingers.

Flinging back the curtain, you presented Birdy and Rainy with a big smile. "Hi!"
"Oh, Hi!" Rainy chirped in surprise. They looked nervously back and forth at each other. "Didn't mean to disturb you."
"We'll leave you to...this." Birdy grabbed her sister roughly by the jacket and began pulling her away.

Bam brushed his hair back from his face and sighed. You put a hand on his shoulder, tracing the outline of his cross tattoo. He had shed his jacket and was wearing only a black tank top. His muscular arms flexed and bulged as he leaned over and worked his feet into his boots.

"It was worth a shot." You smiled and let your eyes rest on the edge of his compass tattoo peeking out from underneath his tank top. 

Bam suddenly leaned back and grabbed your face in his hands. The kiss was long and deep and you squeezed his tight shoulders as his mouth moved over yours. This was what you had wanted to enjoy during the entire ride to your next performance. Bam's hands were strong, holding your face to his and his mouth to yours. When he finally released you, your lips tingled and your breath came in short gasps.