Chapter 1

"15 years later"

Annabelles POV

I opened the door to my new bedroom and my heart sank. It was boring and plain , but that's not all sitting in the middle of the room was a ghost a nine year old girl and when I opened the door she looked up at me.  

     So I went up to her and said " Hello little one."  She stared at me then smiled. She was so adorable except for the bullet hole in her head. I asked her about herself and she said her name was Lilly she was 8 and she died during the Civil War from a stray bullet. She says she misses her mommy and daddy. So I asked her "Do you see a light?" she said yes so I told her to go into it and she did.  Well that was easy.

        Just then my little brother Brendan came in my room pretending to be superman. Followed by my mother trying to catch him.

      She stopped and looked at me "You ok sweetie?" she asked. "Yah I'm fine mom , no worries." I replied. "Ok well if you need anything let me know ok?" she said. "Ok mom" I replied then she left me alone with my empty room.

    As I started decorating when all the sudden my window flew open. I walked over to it and closed it but then I felt something like feathers surround me in a hug, like protecting me. It felt like home. Just then my lamp fell 4 inches from where I was standing. I screamed but then the feather feel got tighter then let go. 

My parents rushed in with worried looks on their faces, asking me if I was alright. I told them I was fine but they never listen.

They finally left me alone and I kept unpacking, but I had the feeling I was being watched...