"Congratulations." I say to them as they go by.

"Thank you." The woman says. "Congratulations to the two of you as well."

My heart flutters at that comment. And before I know it Marshall and I are being called over to the notary's desk. I hand him our licenses and he looks them over, making sure everything is in place.

"Which one of you is Thatcher Evans?" He asks, and Thatch comes over to the table.

"I am." He nods.

"Alright well it looks like everything seems to be in order." The notary states. "Are you ready?"

I look at Marshall one last time and he looks down at me. His eyes shine and the color seems to move and swirl like clouds in the sky. I nod once and he nods too, kissing me quickly on the cheek.

"Okay then, let's not waste any time." He says, preparing two pens for us. "Please both of you sign on the dotted line."

It's hard to stop my hand from shaking but I somehow manage to get my signature down. We set our pens down like the couple before us and the notary signs too.

"Is that it?" Marshall asks, sounding shocked that it could be so simple.

"I believe so." He smiles. "By the state of Michigan I now legally pronounce you Mr. & Mrs. Marshall Mathers. Congratulations, many years to you."

My heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest. I turn to Marshall and he turns to me, smiling wildly. I've only seen him this genuinely happy a few other times.

"Can I kiss the bride?" He asks me quietly.

I laugh and nod. He places his hands on my cheeks and pulls my face to his. I've kissed Marshall thousands of times, but this time has to be the best. The lip on lip contact feels the same as it always has, but the feeling inside is much deeper than that. He pulls away and it seems much too soon but as soon as Thatcher comes over to hug me, I'm reminded that we are not the only ones here.

"I'm proud of you." Thatch says, giving me a squeeze and then turning to shake Marshall's hand. "You take care of her."

They nod at each other and then Cash comes in for a round of hugs. It's not until now that I see another couple has entered the room. I feel Marshall's arm wrap around my waist, and then his deep strong voice whispering in my ear.

"Wanna get out of here?" He asks.

I nod and without another word about it, he propels us both toward the door.

***

We get back after a nice dinner with Thatcher and Cash. Shockingly, I managed to maintain the pure white shade of my dress. I set my bag down in its usual place. I hear the door click shut behind me and all of a sudden get hit with a shot of nerves. Then I hear the lock click and goosebumps litter my body. My back is to him, and after a couple seconds I feel him behind me. He's close, close enough for me to feel his breath on my neck.

"Aren't you going to turn around and kiss your husband?" He whispers to me, putting his hands on my hips.

My heart jumps at the mention of it. I turn as I've been asked to and throw my arms around his shoulders. I lean my body against him and slowly push my lips against his. My hands twist in his hair and his fingertips sink into my lower back.

"I love that word." I say to him, nibbling his lower lip.

"Get used to it." He jokes.

All of a sudden he tightens his hold around my waist and picks up my legs with his other arm. I laugh as he does it, and he carries me down the hall towards his bedroom. I kiss his cheek which seems to distract him as he navigates the doorway. Then I'm being gently set down on my back on his pillows, sinking into them.
I kick my shoes to the floor and he stands at the edge of the bed. I watch him peel his jacket from his body, a glorious sight. I sit up and roll forward onto my knees at the edge of the bed. I run my hands up under his shirt and then I'm prompting him to take it off.
He complies, tossing it on the floor. I let my eyes wander across his perfect body. I love everything about him. The scars, the tattoos, the eyes. He seems so god like now, powerful. I lean forward and kiss his abdomen while my hands wrestle with his belt. I manage to rid him of his jeans leaving him in nothing else but his boxers. Before I can do anything else I feel his hand rest on my cheek and tilt my face up to look at him.