Zombocalypse: THE ORIGINAL

Start from the beginning

"Come on!" I pleaded, and decided to just kick it open. Both of the large doors finally opened and from the corner of my eye, I was able to see the lights going out one-by-one... Like a domino effect.

The school was shrouded in darkness, and it seemed as if the only light came from the windows behind me.

7:45 AM

I've been sitting next to the windows for the past ten minutes already. I decided to get up and search for some other students. I slowly got up, and began to slowly walk to the classrooms.

I knocked on each of the doors, but got no response.

'I guess everyone fled...' I thought to myself.

I refused to believe that, and jogged towards my history class. I was about to tap on the window of the door, until I heard a loud growl come from behind me. I turned around quickly and saw a similar creature from back at the office, except this one had pale gray skin.

Cracks slowly formed on its arms and chest. Without warning, black liquid came pouring out of each of the crevices.

No sound came out when I attempted to cry for help. Suddenly, a hand grabbed my arms. The creature slashed my stomach with its black claws before I was dragged - actually pulled - into the room.

I cried out in pain, as I fell on my back. The animal pried the door open with its wrinkled hands.

"Shoot it!" A familiar voice yelled out. I tried to turn around, but ended up releasing white-hot pain. I gasped, as my blood fell down my sides and onto the floor.

A loud gunshot rung out, and I looked at the creature for the last time, and saw that its head blew up right before my eyes. Black fluids spurted out of its decapitated body, and landed on my navy blue Converse.

Disgusted out of my mind, I was able to finally see my friend, Eli. He slammed the door shut, and breathed heavily.

"Eli - help me up, please... Oh my gosh, it hurts..." I gasped as I took a deep breath.

"Eli, rest. I'll help Amber..." A female voice said, as I slowly began to be lifted off the ground.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch..." I said quietly, as a searing pain filled my body. I looked at one of the gashes on my stomach, and was about to touch it, when out of nowhere, the mystery girl slapped my hand.

"Hey! What was that for?" I said innocently, and looked up, only to see my best friend, Iris.

She looked at me dead in the eye then finally spoke, "Don't touch it!"

Eli looked at me and said, "That thing got you pretty good..."

I nodded in agreement, "Are you two the only ones here?"

Iris shook her head and responded with, "No... Miranda and Brittany are here."

"I'm right here!" Miranda shouted out, and walked out of the shadows with a gun in her hand.

"Wait... You were the one who shot that thing down?" I asked, amazed.

She replied with a simple "no" and said that Brittany was the one who shot it.

"Ha, epic..." I chuckled.

I looked over at Eli, who was busy standing at the door way. After I was finally able to stand up on my own, I slowly took a seat at one of the desks.

"So uh... What happened to everyone else?" I asked quietly.

"Everyone is hiding in the science, and ELA classrooms - or at least the remaining people..." His voice trailed away, as he continued to look out to the hallways.