"Don't go after her. Please." I gasped & she let out a short sigh. I saw the nurse disappear from the room & looked at Demi's face to see she was pissed. "You're carrying my baby. I don't want you chasing her." I said, breathing through the pain that still was prominent in my side.

"I wasn't going to chase her. I was going to go get a security guard to do it."

"Just stay here, please." I begged her as I reached for her hand. 

Demi nodded her head as she let me hold her hand. The nurse came back in the room. "Well, I called the police & a cruiser was nearby so they might get her as she's leaving the hospital." She checked over my machine, beside the bed. "You hurt yourself trying to go after your girl, huh?" She smirked & I pulled my lips in, feeling guilty. "It's time for more pain meds, anyway." She said as she pressed a button. I felt relief a few minutes later.

Demi stood next to the bed for several minutes, as the pain meds kicked in. I tried to fight sleep, but they made me really drowsy, so I was out within minutes. When I woke up, the sun was coming through the blinds & I could see Demi was sitting on the couch, awake & looking at her phone. I moved to sit up a little & gasped from the sharp pain I felt. Demi's head turned to look at me & she gave me a look that was more of a warning that I shouldn't be moving without help.

 Demi's head turned to look at me & she gave me a look that was more of a warning that I shouldn't be moving without help

"Good morning. Any word on Delta? I think she was going to do something desperate." I asked as Demi stood up & walked toward the bed. 

"You sure are concerned about her. Too concerned, if you ask me, since she's the person who put you in this bed." Demi mumbled as she helped me lean on my pillow.

"I feel bad for her, Demi. She got fucked because of her dad's decisions."

"Nick, she helped her dad & probably knew everything he was up to." Demi clicked her tongue as she went to stand at the end of my bed. 

"I'm not so sure."

"I'm not going to argue with you. What I do know is that she tried to break us up. She shot you when she was aiming for me. She aided in some of the criminal activities that her dad was involved in. I don't feel bad for her one bit. I'm glad she's going to get locked up, too."

"Wait. They found her? Did they arrest her? " I asked, in an anxious tone. 

Demi looked away & nodded. "Yea, they caught her coming out of the hospital & she was arrested."

I leaned my head back with a loud sigh. "I wonder if they would drop charges if I said I wanted them to."

"What? Why would you want her to get away with shooting you? She could have killed you, Nick."

"It wasn't intentional, Demi." I said, staring straight ahead. 

Demi let out a loud breath & she sounded incredibly annoyed. I looked over at her as she opened her mouth to speak, but the door opening stopped her & I was kind of grateful. My parents & Jay came walking in & gushed over how good I looked.