You're Not Alone

^^Feels ;-;

AN: This is based on XYZ ep. 28. However, I will be changing some things so don't mad if it never happened in the episode ;)

(For those of you who haven't seen the episode, Ash just lost to Wulfric and headed out into the forest alone. The next morning he still hasn't returned and Serena goes to look for him.)

Serena POV

I look out the window of the Pokemon Center.

"He still isn't back yet," I mumble worriedly. Clemont looks over at me.

"I'm sure he will be fine Serena. Remember, Ash is strong."

"But even Ash can't be strong all the time," I think, remembering his pained expression as he left the night before. "Sometimes even the strongest of us need help." I sit fiddling with my hands for a couple more minutes before standing up.
"I am going to go look for him," I state, grabbing my jacket and heading towards the door. Clemont sighs.

"Serena..."

"No. I have to do something. I can't just sit around and wait any longer."

"I understand. But be careful," Clemont warns. I nod.

"I will." And with that, I head out the door, and into the forest.

Ash POV

It hurts.

No matter how hard I try to forget and move forward, I can't seem to brush off the pain of losing. The image of an injured Greninja continues to flash before my eyes.

"It's my fault... I wasn't strong enough..."

"It's not your fault." I look up in surpise.

"You shouldn't blame yourself Ash, I know your Pokemon don't."

"Serena, what are you doing here?" I ask, staring at her.

"I was worried."

I look down. "Go back Serena, this is my problem."

"No."

"What?"

"I'm not leaving." Serena stares me down. "I want to help you. Just tell me," she says, her voice softening.

"You wouldn't understand," I reply, clenching my fist.

"How do you know? I have failed too you know! I know how much it hurts. I know that-"

"You don't know how I feel!!" I shout at her. Serena looks hurt. Her eyes fill with tears and I turn away. I listen for the sound of receding footsteps but they never come. Instead, something wet and cold slams into the back of my head.

"What the-" I mumble, turning around. Serena stands with her feet planted, fists clenched.

"I know that the Ash I know never gives up. He always stays positive and is a leader to others. He cares about his Pokemon and always tries his best. He didn't let me give up. He was there for me when I needed him most. That's why..." Serena throws another snowball. "That's why..." she prepares to fire again, but stops, the snowball falling from her hand. She drops to her knees and I step towards her in concern.

"You idiot," she mumbles.

"Serena..."

Her tear-filled eyes meet mine. "Thinking you could just leave us... leave me... go through this alone... idiot." I don't move, confused.

"You aren't alone Ash."

Those words stike a chord in my heart. It feels as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I have had it all wrong. Serena has proved that.

"You can't be alone... because I will be there. You think running away or yelling at me is going to scare me off? I will always come looking Ash, because I... I..."

Making a split second descision, I tackle Serena in a hug. She squeals in surprise. I smile and look into her bright blue eyes.

"I love you." She opens and closes her mouth, unable to form a response.

"Ash I..."

"Thank you," I say, holding her tighter. "You were able to find me when I lost myself. Thank you for staying Serena." Soon though, my smile disappears. "I'm sorry for yelling at you... I don't know why... I just-" I don't get to finish my apology, however. Serena leans in, pressing her lips against mine. My eyes widen while hers remain closed. My heart skips a beat and I feel warm all over, despite the cold air surrounding us. A few seconds later, Serena backs away, a slight smile on her face.

"There. Apology accepted."

Not my best work, but it still got out my fangirl fantasies lol. And, although this did not happen in 28, it was still a great episode, SO WATCH IT! We got pretty darn close to a confession too. Oh well... maybe sometime soon ;) Thanks for reading everyone, and enjoy your summer! #Freeeeeeeedooooooom