24 | No Blush

*Blue's POV*

           I saw Keith waiting in his car and waved, smiling to myself as he waved back. Forcing my weak legs to move, I forced down the bile that was rising in my throat from my yelling at Chase and made my way to his car, opening the passenger side door.

            "Hey, gorgeous." I felt a blus- wait... No, I didn't feel a blush. I didn't feel anything at all. Huh. Doesn't everyone who likes a guy blush when he compliments her?

            "Hi. We ready?" I asked, tightening my side pony.

He scared me when he smirked and chuckled slowly, reaching into his pocket to reveal... The car keys.

             Letting out a silent breath of relief, I leaned back as he started the car and we were almost there when he made a turn down a road I didn't recognize.

             "Umm, shouldn't we have made a turn over there?" I asked, pointing in the given direction. I felt that bile rise back up in my throat when we pulled up to what looked like an abandoned garage. "Keith, where are we?"

              Suddenly, Keith turned around, whipped me forward and took out a syringe of clear yellow fluid. I let out a glass shattering scream as I tried to kick him away, but he sunk the needle into my neck and before I knew it, my head hit cold, hard pavement.

................................

*Chase's POV*

I felt bad for forcing that out of her.

I felt bad for fighting with her, for basically forcing her to come and live with us. Bree keeps telling me that I have no right to feel bad about getting involved with someone who was just a train wreck waiting to happen.

Doesn't mean that it gets any more easier to sleep.

She left five hours ago, and I watched the car pull away from the window. Honestly? I didn't trust Keith. Something just seemed extremely off about him... Like the way that he just gets this sudden interest in Blue. The way that he opens with a band who, according to my research, doesn't even exist?

I paced the lab, thinking about it for hours, trying to decipher all the obvious clues he was giving. Nothing made sense with him.

Every thread that I found ran onto a dead end, he was an open book with no ending. No outcomes.

It was almost as if he didn't even truly exist, plus I could sense his accent was fake. (A/n: forgive me if you don't remember him having one)

I declined Leo's offer to come upstairs and watch a movie, for I didn't feel like I could be able to relax until I knew Blue was back. And that she was safe.

She's the only other girl that I've ever had true feelings for, not fake ones like Savannah. Even if she did hate my guts, I still would have asked her out sooner.

Yep, that's right. I had been planning to ask her out, but Smeith beat me to it.
After what seemed forever, I heard footsteps and I swiveled around to see... Bree.

"I thought Blue would be back by now." She stated. Obviously. Yeah, she strikes me as one who would break curfew purposely, but not one who would disappear for half the night without calling.

I knew she was mad but I didn't think she would be that mad.

I just stared at her. "Look, I know you're upset, Chase. We all are too, because Blase needs to sail." She whined desperately, walking over and placing her hands on a console.

I smirked at what she said, but that smile soon dissolved. I turned to look at her. "Bree, that's not my main focus right now. My main focus is making sure that she's okay. She hardly even knew that Smeith guy before he asked her out. I've been trying to calculate the possibilities about what his evil deeds might be and so far I've decided that he either could be, a) A-"

"Chase." Bree interrupted my mini-presentation. "Can't you just let this go? I mean, yeah, I want to be a bridesmaid someday, but..." She took sudden interest in the floor. "Maybe this is what she wants. Maybe we've been too forceful, trying to force her into doing all this stuff... Maybe she just wants to finally be happy and not have us breathing down her neck like we have for the last couple of weeks."

My breath hitched. I knew she was dead right, I just didn't want to admit it to myself. We had basically forced ourselves into Blue's life, we killed her mom, and we forced her to move in with us. She threatened us about leaving for the orphanage, maybe she was actually being serious. Did she really feel this way?

              "I guess you're right..." I agreed.

Bree nodded. "We should probably start loosening the leash and backing off for a while..."

              At that moment, I suddenly connected two and two together. Oh my dog. My eyes bugged out as realization hit me at full speed. How could I be so stupid? I raced to grab Bree's arm and dragged her out of the lab and through the tunnel, ignoring her whines and constant jerking of pain.

              "Sorry Bree, but we're going to have to do that starting tomorrow. Blue's in danger." I glanced behind me and just by looking at the petrified look in her eyes, I could tell Bree knew what I meant.

......................

Here ya go guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I wanted to know that people were actually reading this before I continued.

that and writers block....

ANYWHO! I'll work on the next chapter for you butterflies IF I feel like it.

Jk.

Maybe.

Here's the Chapterly Quote:

   Love you,

   Love you,

             Danalpswolf