Chapter 1

Athena stood vertically, breathless and shaking in absolute mania, cold and contempt through bitterness. Devon, her husband, lay motionless on the ground; he suffered multiple stab wounds which had punctured his fragile human body, and a deep slash across his throat, leaking precious red liquid. Athena dropped to her knees, the blood began soaking into the wooden floorboards, staining them. She concluded that he was still alive, although barely. She let out an anguished moan in her grief, casting her glare at his iPhone, its screen overtaken with cracks, and a faint green message on the screen.
It was late that night, and Devon had been coming home late for almost a month. Since the message appeared on his phone screen, Athena's suspicions had been confirmed. She rose from the ground a second time, stricken by the sight before her; he had ceased to bleed, so she switched off the lights.

The skies were concealed in a layer of cloud, making them starless and the town dark. Athena rested on her side, her hand underneath the charcoal waters of the lake her town was beside, observing the sleeping houses. The town appeared desolate, adding to Athena's despair; there was no one she could go to. She lifted her hand out of the water, and pushed herself up from her side, proceeding to stand up. She began trekking through the long grass towards one of the sleepy, grey houses. The gate creaked when she pushed it, entering the shadowy garden before her, and approached a bench. Athena remained still for ten minutes, before getting up and leaving

The kitchen light flickered into existence as Athena arrived home, switching it on. Devon, her cheating husband, remained as still and as cold as stone on the ground. She leaned down and grabbed his ankles, dragging his lifeless corpse out of the kitchen and into a hall, where she opened a door with one hand which led to a cellar. She switched on the light, before proceeding to tread carefully on each uneven step, one wrong footing could've resulted in her falling and breaking her neck. She used Devon's weight to balance her own. When she arrived at the bottom, she turned towards a long freezer and opened the lid, hauling Devon into it.
"I'm fucking sorry..." She closed the lid.