40.

"Eve?"

I looked up from my pile of neatly folded clothes and groaned. "Yeah?"

"Can you take my bag downstairs for me?"

"No!"

"But you're already ready," Benji whined, pouting as I shook my head.

"I have the upper body strength of a small child," I reminded him smartly.

He rolled his eyes and picked his bag up again, then grabbed one of mine and took them both towards the stairs.

My father thought it would be good for us to get out of the house and away from maturity for a while, so he was taking us on a week-long holiday to a beach near where he grew up. Harry was invited, of course, but he decided to let us have a few days as a family, and then fly down to join us about halfway through the week. My father thought it was an award-winning idea.

"How many days exactly?"

Harry grinned and placed my folded T-shirt in my suitcase. "Just a few, love. Four at the most."

"Four?!"

"It will be good for you to spend some time with your family and away from me," he laughed softly, taking me into his arms. "And we can make up for lost time as soon as I get there."

He kissed my lips gently and pulled away a little too soon for my liking.

I turned away to continue packing but he kept his arms loosely around my waist, so I was happy.

"When am I going to tell them about us?"

"Your dad has known for a long time," Harry mumbled into my neck. "Probably from the beginning."

"And Benji?"

"Let Charles or Nate tell him."

"And risk them getting a black eye for me?"

"Benji wouldn't hurt either of those idiots."

"He's come close before."

"Well." He moved my hair away from my skin. "Maybe you should just do it quickly, like ripping off a band aid."

I sighed. "Maybe you're right. Or maybe I just won't tell them at all."

"Ever?"

"Ever."

He laughed and kissed my cheek sloppily.

"You look beautiful in that dress."

"You think so?" I looked down at the faded yellow of the dress and smiled. "It was my mum's."

He took the hem between his fingers and rubbed it gently, almost like he was trying to scrub some memory out of the old thing.

"It fits you perfectly."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

He laid back down on my bed and watched me zip my bag up, an arm behind his head.

"You look bigger today," I commented lightly. "More muscular."

Harry didn't take his eyes off me. "Really?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks, Bambi. Physical therapy has been kicking my ass lately but it's paying off. I feel a lot stronger."

It was true; he was almost back to his previous size and it comforted me greatly. He had the blush back in his cheeks and the brightness of his eyes had returned. Even his curls had gotten softer. He was getting stronger and healthier with every passing day.