Sundays are peaceful in our house. My father usually lets himself sleep in, and my mother lets herself not fix breakfast, and relaxes a bit more. My brothers are off in college now, sneaking a few gigs for their band here and there, and we would visit from time to time, or they come by and stay a few nights with us. I would find myself missing their noise and smell and clutter everyday. But not today. In fact, I was even kind of grateful they weren't here with me or else they would have teased and embarrassed the death out of me when Bryce got here.

Yes. Bryce was the one who asked me out. I made quite an act of being reluctant at first, but on the inside my brain, my heart and my soul were screaming "YES!" so, eventually, after playing hard to get which sort of amused him, I agreed.

I had grown accustomed to his flaws and all, but my feelings for him were still very much the same. And the fact that almost all the girls at school were throwing themselves at his feet, he still asked me out. ME. Can you believe it?! And this wasn't the middle school kind of dates anymore, this was the real deal where everyone takes a relationship seriously.

And I still can't help but feel nervous. I talk to him almost everyday. Okay throw the "almost". I talk to him everyday now, considering that he just lives out front, and I pretty much have blown my cover of liking him a long time ago. And I'm also pretty sure everyone who knew me knew. The thing I'm worried about is, what does Bryce feel about me? I stood on the lawn, the sycamore tree a few paces to my right but my attention wasn't focused on it. My eyes were glued to a window of the house across from mine.

What does Bryce feel about me? I listed  the things that would hint of him liking me as much as I liked him, and I just came to the conclusion that he'd always be around me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders from time to time, and one minute he'd be all sweet - and I'd find myself secretly swooning at that - and the next minute, he'd stare at me, smile, and shake his head and then poof! Sweet Bryce was gone. Sure he confessed to being jealous of Jon Trulock back then but that was a long time ago. Was this date just a friendly invite? Was it even a date at all? Oh the wonders of being a teenager. You become so insecure.

I didn't have time to torment myself further anyway, Bryce was out of his house and walking towards me with a black cap on top of that perfectly blonde head. He started wearing caps, saying the sun hurts his eyes sometimes, but he looks adorable just the same. And here I am, in the middle of the lawn, barefoot. Barefoot! He didn't notice though, and I seemed rooted to the spot, incapable of getting at least some flip flops.

"Hey" He stood right in front of me, the corners of his lips curling into a smile, and I found myself smiling back and replying a lame "Hi"
His smile widened as he took in my appearance, and sincerely said "You look beautiful"
I couldn't help blushing. He complemented me a lot, but always in a teasing, casual manner so it usually wouldn't flatter me, but this made me feel different.
"Thanks. You too. Nice I mean. You look nice." I stepped forward fixed the cap on his head, but my eyes were glued to his face, his brilliant blue orbs, and noticed how much he grew more into a man now. His features were leaner, more handsome. Oh when is that kiss going to happen?

Holding out his hand for me to take, Bryce asked if I was ready to go. And I laughed and told him I would just put on some shoes on first which sounded silly to me but he didn't seem to mind.

It was 1:25 pm and a whole afternoon was ahead of us. Just me and Bryce.

I got some shoes and said goodbye to my mother who gave a hug and one last giggle wishing me the best day and I was out the door. Bryce had a car now. A simple blue second hand car he saved up for since freshman high, and that's where we headed off to. He hadn't offered his hand again, and I almost pouted. I stopped my lips before I could look like Shelly Stalls about to throw a tantrum.