The Dream

THE DREAM

I was walking through the forest. I saw you behind the tree. "Wait up!" I yelled, trying to chase after you but you kept dissapearing. There was one question I was determined to answer; Who are you? 

I've been having these dreams since my dad died. They've been getting blurrier but this one's the blurriest yet. Tomorrow, I'm turning sixteen. 

No! I was tied up and that little boy...I saw you. You were the one that told them to not tie me up! Who's 'them'? Help me, please. Someone's trying to hurt me. Daddy, please help me. Wait, dad?

It can't be my dad. As a little boy? Is he trying to guide me? Warn me of something? What's going on?

I was being chased, and that little boy was guiding me. Telling me to keep running no matter what. Even if I got cramps or fell, stubbed my toe, don't give up. I did as I was told and obeyed. Who was coming after me? He told me...'the takers' but who's that?

Key Word: Take. 'The Takers' must want something from me...but what could they want? I'm not the most rich person in the world. I don't have the most valuable things ever. 

They caught me. There's a blade at my neck and they're so close to slicing me up. You, you boy, you're hiding. Please, make them stop, I don't know you but somehow, you need to help me. What did I do wrong? Where am I in this dreaded world? What have I become? Why is this happening? Why can't I wake up? "This is not a dream," you say.

Now, I'm confused. Am I stuck here forever? I don't even know why I'm here. Where's my family? Friends? Life? Just make it stop!

"No way to make it stop," you add. "no way." a tear came down my cheek as the blade ran along my neck. Suddenly, everything went black.

I know what I've done. I've killed someone. My own father. I remember that night, I'd had this dream right before my father died. I was in their place. Slicing a blade along someone innocent's neck. Except, it was my father. I didn't know why I was doing it, I didn't see him, I was sleep-walking and he was in the kitchen that night...why'd I do it?

The dreams possesed me.