"What do you mean why? You had everything that is mine. You were the reason why people gave me second preference. I hate you.. You were just a pity case of my family. You were never grateful for the things you got because of me. I gave you the opportunity to shine. I gave you the spot light but you always posed as if you got it on your own. Everything you had in your life back then was because of me. The college. Your Boyfriend everything." and that's it Sharon lost her cool.

"Excuse me?! I was never your pity case, Lillian. I am a person of my own. All the  stuff you are talking about was just pure sheer of jealousy. and from where did Chris come in all this?"

" Oh don't act innocent Sharon, you knew 'I loved him. ... even before you both started going out."

"What are you talking?" Sharon asked confused.

"I Love him so much... I as usual put you in front of me back then. Did you ever care about me? I was completely heartbroken when you claimed my man to be yours."

"I have no idea what you are talking about Lillian."

"How would you....?!" Lily scoffed.

Sharon couldn't  understand what the hell she was saying.

"And when I got a moment with Chris... I needed it. I wanted it." She said turning her head not facing Sharon.

"Did you not once think about beautiful family you shattered? Did you not even care about April ?" Sharon fired.

Sharon took deep breath's to control her emotions. Lillian looked her way and continued " I thought he would me mine after that. But that was not the clear case. Even after you left he was so in love with you that he didn't want to be anyone's else." Lily said as if she couldn't wrap her head around why he loves her so much.

"Lillian.. how could you break my marriage?"

"Oh believe me I'm not the one who broke your marriage , don't peg it on me. It was  because of  you, your marriage fell apart. If you had sticked around with him and if you had a proper conversation with me and with him. You would have probably known that Nothing happened that night."Lily concluded.

Sharon's eyes widened "what?" She asked shocked.

"Chris was pretty drunk when we started but even in that state he called out your name and I couldnt take it. I didn't say anything to correct him when he thought we have done it. I was about to tell you everything but you kind of saw us that morning....  And then the accident took place. I searched for you for few months but when I didn't find you.... I thought maybe this was meant to happen. Now I that you were out of the picture I have a shot with Chris."

"Why tell me now?" Sharon asked.

"Because..." lily's eyes misted " How hard I try he doesn't look at me the way he looks at you."

"Four years Lillian!!  Four years I've been away. I didn't see my child. I couldn't tell Chris about Chase. All this just because you were so selfish and wanted to ruin my life.?" Sharon rage knew no bounds. She wanted to hit Lily so hard.

"I hate you Lillian. Get out. Get out of my life and my children's life. I would never forgive you for what you did. I could never..." she broke down.

"I know you have listened to what Chris told me just a few minutes before you came.... he loves you Sharon but I still strongly believe you don't deserve him. I would get out of your lives Sharon. But remember one thing I'm saying- you brought this upon yourself and you don't deserve someone so loving and dedicated as Chris" with that Lily left Sharon with the truth.

****

Chris was now starting to wonder if something happened. It's been a hour or so and there was no sign of Sharon and Lily. He was pacing on Sharon's front porch. While Chase followed his movements and April sat in a chair sipping her orange juice.