25

We arrived at Abbeys hotel and I wrapped her in a hug. The wedding was in a couple hours so her hairstylist and makeup professional was going to be here soon. She asked me all about California and how Kalel was. She didn't mention anything about Joey, and I was very grateful for that. We talked a bit and got to catch up before her hairdresser came and sat her in a chair in front of the hotel sink. She began to put her hair into a curly up-do, pinning different strands out of the way and using a lot of hairspray.

" I heard what happened....the car accident," Abbey murmured.

"Yeah, I don't really want to talk about it," I grumbled as Abbey switched spots with me so the woman could do my hair. Abbey started to get her makeup done as the Latina woman started to wrap strands of my hair around the curling iron.

________________________

Abbey, Sharyn and I all got our hair and makeup done, then went to the church. We got changed, in our light blue dresses along with the rest of the bridesmaids in the church basement. I touched up my makeup a bit before talking with some family on the main floor. I found my mother and she was happy i was here and doing well. Pretty soon they started to seat people and all the bridesmaids lined up with their paired groomsmen. Mine was Mason, the grooms younger brother. He was tall, dark haired and an amazing chiseled face. He smiled at me and I smiled back, taking a deep breath and locking arms with him before the big wooden doors at the back of the church swing open and we walked down the isle. We walked together, never misplacing a step and I forced a small smile, getting to the end of the isle and standing on opposite sides of the priest.