Through Thick And Thin

"I'm trying Demi why can't you understand it's not easy for me either?!" He yells at his wife of six years.

"You're trying?! Really because while you're out having a good time with friends in the clubs, I'm sitting here taking care of our sick child!" Demi yells back, upset with the fact Zayn couldn't see she needed him around.

"Why are you bringing her into this?!"

"Because Zayn she is slowly getting worse and we still can't find another donor. Can you at least acknowledge the fact she can be out of our lives at any moment!? The least she can ask for is to have a father be-before she's gone." She says her voice cracking as she thought of the fact that at any moment her and Zayn's only child could be taken from them and there was nothing they could do.

"Don't you think I know that? I want to be here so badly-"

"Then why don't you?" She asked as the tears stream down her face. His face softensand he looked down upset with the fact he had no other excuse except that he just didn't want to see his child going through this. He couldn't bring himself to actually accepting that one fact that Demi seemed to be okay with. He drank away his pain all day and then came home to an angry wife and a still sick child. Nothing changed because it never could.

"I don't know. I just can't sit here all day and watch her, knowing that she's only going to get worse." He says, tears running down his face as well.

"She's only three years old." His voice gets weaker as Demi sits down on the bed and put her hands over her face.

"I don't like watching her like this either. But I'm at least here when she needs me. She asks me every damn day where's her daddy at now and I can't even answer her because I don't know half the time. It's hard on her and she needs you Zayn. I need you." Zayn knelt down in front of her and gently lifted her face up to meet his tear filled eyes so she could see how sorry he was of his actions.

"I'm so sorry. I promise I'm going to be here more. I was being selfish. I'm going to be right by your side though. I'm going to change." He says hoping that Demi would see how sorry he really was.

"Don't tell me that anymore. Show me." She says and Zayn nods before kissing her cheek, glad that he didn't lose the only other thing that meant the world to him.

"Mommy?" Their three year old daughter, Allison says at the door.

"Hey baby girl." Demi says quickly wiping her eyes free of tears and going over to pick up the small child.

"Hey sweet heart." Zayn says and kisses his daughter's forehead.

"Why you crying?" Allison asks her parents innocently.

"It's nothing baby." Demi says with a small smile in her child's direction.

"Why are you out of bed Ally?" Zayn asks rubbing his daughter's back with one hand and placing the other on the small of Demi's back bringing the two most important people in his life closer to him.

"I wanna sleep with you daddy." She says making both Demi and Zayn happier in an instant as they both laugh at the precious girl.

"Okay sweetheart." Zayn smiles.

"Hey what about me?" Demi asks and the three year old giggles at her mother.

"And you too mommy." She smiles and kisses Demi's cheek.

"Yay just like we used to right?" Zayn says enthusiastically and Allison giggles and nods her head before Zayn takes her from Demi and carries her to the bed. Demi smiles and follows behind the two of them.