"Rogues Alpha." Dameon filled my mind so early in the morning, his voice sounding groggy too.

I slipped out of the warm bed with a quick glance over my shoulder, Emily still sound asleep in the big bed, buried in covers and almost impossible to see.

It would be hard to leave her like this.

I stepped out of my room, holding a finger up to my lips as I shut the door behind me, my eyes glaring at my Gamma who charged to meet me in the hall. "Don't let anyone in, and don't let her out."

"Yes, Alpha." He positioned himself in front of the door, giving me the indication he was prepared and I could leave.

I searched his mind for any trace of who it could be, daring an unsightly idea of his to cross my vision before I left. My Gamma was clean, innocent and no knowledge of who our attackers were.

I rushed down the stairs, the smell of blood filling my nose as a bleeding man lay crumpled by the door. A woman was next to him, their scents harmonized giving away that she was the mate. I neared them, their final moments nearing and they knew it.

"Who did this to you?" I asked the woman, my body taking note that the man had stopped breathing. She grabbed at her chest in pain, in desperate need of a breath.

"C - Clayton - " She cried out a single name, not able to make anything else come out coherently.
I would kill her to put her out of her misery, but she shook her head, not wanting to feel the relief.

She wanted to feel this pain.
His pain.

I sympathized with her, turning the other direction as I contacted Dameon. "Hurry soon, we're having a stray dog issue." Clayton - the stubborn wolf who dared to challenge my word in the forest, attempting to take what was rightfully mine at the auction.

He was going to suffer, at my hands.

"On my way Alpha."

"Where did he go?" Dameon had responded to me, now it was time to get answers of my own. Turning around to be met with silence, both lay dead, holding the other's hand. Looking at my pack mates like this, I could feel my blood run cold as the connection I once had with them slowly disappeared from my body. I shuddered at the feeling, trying to remember the last time I was affected by other's deaths like this. 

I closed their eyes, apologizing silently for not being the Alpha they needed. I straightening myself with a deep breath, my ears picking up on Dameon's paws racing across the front lawn.  My fangs extending as I readied myself to become the Alpha they knew.

Emily's pov...

.
.
.

I had expected to wake up to the sounds of birds chirping, the sheets still warm and a bipolar hybrid laying beside me. What I got was the sound of a body being thrown against the wall outside the door, my hands running across the bitterly cold bed to realize my hybrid wasn't with me.

I rose, sitting so that I was facing the bathroom in case I needed to bolt. There was a scream from downstairs followed by the sound of a struggle, my body cringing from the sound. "Andrew? There's something wrong -"

"Already on my way, baby. Wait right there."

My body shuddered with fear. I let out a very shaky breath to try to balance my nerves, Andrew already up and trying to handle the issue. I was distracted by the relief that he was coming, waiting patiently to hear him running down the hall for me.

A hard shove hit me from behind, the cold floor meeting my elbow as I braced for the fall. I scooted away in the darkness blindly, my breath came out in frantic pants now. Someone was in here, had positioned themselves behind me to get me to the floor. When had they gotten in here?