"I wouldn't leave you! Look at you, already a mess with me here!" I leaned forward on my arm, closing the distance between our faces and planting a kiss on her cheek.

Emily stayed quiet, looking down at her crossed legs and palms.  She was still unpleased with my response, and I had to conjure my attention to come up with another, more serious answer.

"My moon, if you're looking for a real answer to your question, that was a damn near perfect one. Yes I would die but only if I thought you'd be better off without me - if the only outcome left you to benefit from it." I paused and grazed her cheek with my thumb, my finger pad damp underneath. The dog in me wanted to lick at her skin where the tears were before, or at least kiss them away so I could taste them on my lips. "I could never leave you though. You'd be too happy without me." I smiled and she rolled her eyes playfully, taking a deep breath and sigh. I instantly felt the release too, smiling now that she was happier."I could never let that happen."

"Stay with me."
She wrapped her arms around me tightly, bribing me with her lips for a moment as she groaned against my mouth, I wrapped my hands around her, pulling her lazily on top of me to kiss her back. She didn't need to bribe me. I was all in.

Emily lost her air with me, my hands feeling deprived of the burn her touch gave me. I was addicted to this sting like it was a drug.
I lifted her from her place, parting us for a moment as I sat her in my lap. My hand rested at her throat, my teeth lightly pulling on her bottom lip as I listened to her pulse in my ears.

She needed to rest, and eat soon too. She was weak today - not taking much before growing overwhelmed.

Pulling away from her to recover, I pulled her thick hair from the ponytail and massaged her scalp. She relaxed against me, grabbing for my free hand to play with my fingers.

We had spent the day in the room, occasionally responsibilities would call and I would have to leave her for a moment to tend to the pack, usually bringing us food back as an apology for leaving. No action took more than thirty minutes of my time, I always returned to her quickly and rushed. We were finishing up the movie about the boat, and the two lovers. The others seemed to make her cry as well and I wondered why she tortured herself like this. There was one that wasn't even about a notebook at all, a little cliche but sweet.

We ate dinner a little later, Emily stomaching half a steak on her own with sides and desert, the aches in her tummy subsiding after taking medicine. It made me happy to see her eat. She looked so lifeless when I had first found her, not eating and ready to croak. Happiness bubbled in her aroma, the smell addicting and delightful to have around.

It was almost time for me to make my rounds around the pack, glancing at the clock to see the time. It was nearly eleven at night, still so much needing to be done before I would sleep. There was still so much I wanted to do with Emily.

Her body was chill from the coldness in the room, and I saw the hair on her arms rise.
I moved slightly to the right to reach for the comforter, but her hand stopped me - my lips instantly pressing against her forehead to apologize for waking her.

"Stay with me." She whispered half asleep, positioning herself back down as I covered her with the blanket. Emily sighed in release.

"Until the end of your days, my moon." I brushed the back of her neck with my fingers, peering back at the clock before deciding that I could leave her a bit later. I laid myself down beside her and curled my body around hers, letting the scent of sleep and contentment drift me unconscious.

.
.
.

I woke to a knock on the door, blinking twice before the monsters within me writhed in alarm. The nock hadn't been on my door, but instead the one downstairs. My eyes strained to hear the door open, grunts of pain as bodies began to tussle.