Awkward Moments

Awkward Moments

[1]Waving at someone you think you know but actually don't.

[2]Holding the door open for someone far away and forcing them to run over.

[3]Replying to someone you think is talking to you, but actually they're on their Bluetooth

[4]Pulling a door that says "push" and vice-versa.

[5]When you're caught without your glasses or contacts and the people around you are just moving blurs of flesh.

[6]When your server says, "Enjoy your meal!" and you reply, "Thanks, you too!"

[7]Telling a joke but then forgetting the punch line halfway through.

[8]Grabbing a pole on public transportation but then holding someone else's hand.

[9]Saying goodbye to someone then realizing they're going the same way as you.

[10]Walking on a crowded sidewalk and inadvertently swinging your hand into someone's crotch.

[11]Using your phone in the bathroom and leaving the sounds on for everyone to hear.

[12]A: "How're you?" B: "Doing well! How about you?" A: "Good, thanks. You?"

[13]Typing out a text/email in a rush and sending it to the wrong person.

[14]Facebook stalking someone and accidentally liking their profile picture from six years ago.

[15]Going in for a hug but all the person wanted was a handshake.

[16]Telling someone a hilarious story and realizing that they were the one who told it to you.

[17]Holding your hand near a person's face for the longest time before they realize what you're doing.

[18]Or you both go for it but you guys aren't even on the same page.

[19]Asking someone at a store for a different size and realizing they don't work there.

[20]Thinking there's one more step to walk down and tripping over the unexpectedly flat ground.

[21]When you talk to someone and your voice is gross and croaky because that was the first time you spoke all day.

[22]Wearing the same outfit as someone else, probably because you both got it on sale at the same store.

[23]Attempting to parallel park in front of an outdoor café with plenty of people watching.

[24]Laughing out loud at something you read in public and everyone looks at you.

[25]Even worse when you just laugh at something you remember and everyone thinks you're hearing voices in your head.

[26]Lip-synching to music with your earbuds on the street and looking like you're talking to yourself.

[27]Trying to be smooth at the subway or Metro turnstile in a crowd of tourists but getting this dreaded message.

[28]When someone calls out your name but you don't know if it's you because there are five other Matts in the room.

[29]When someone says they're going to a funeral or a hospital visit and telling them reflexively to "have fun!"

[30]Jamming along to a song with friends but then singing the wrong lyrics.

[31]And the classic: when you run into someone on the street and sidestep them, but they go in the same direction as you - and you do it seven more times until the requisite awkward laughter.