“Mr. Devaro, would you like anything?”

“Scotch.”

“Right away Sir.”

She smiled at me seductively, but she was  not Emilia and I forced myself to get back to work.

Emilia’s POV

I sat in my dress as I watched the sun rise. He left without saying goodbye, hell he didn’t even look at me when he walked out knowing I was there waiting for him to turn.

I had left after that and have been sitting here every since. I should be sleeping, but I wasn’t tired despite not getting any sleep the night before.

“Emilia?”

I snapped my head to the side and saw Benny, still in his tux. I smiled and looked up at him.

“Seems like you had a good time.”

“Have you been here the entire time?”

“I couldn’t sleep.”

He nodded and sat next to me.

“You wanna grab some breakfast then?”

I shook my head, looking away.

“I can’t, I don’t want you getting into trouble with your brother.”

“Screw him, just because he’s my brother doesn’t mean he tells me what to do.”

“But…”

“Emilia, I’m not going to let him ruin you. This isn’t you! You use to be so strong and independent. You can’t let him cage you in.”

“I don’t want to talk about this.”

“Em…”

“Please Benny just… Please.”

I covered my face them and cried. I was heartbroken, devastated and I didn’t know what to do about it.

“Shhh… It’s okay.”

I shook my head and got up before he had the chance to touch me.

“Please Benny don’t. The last thing I need is for Christian to think I’m going after you too.”

He huffed and stepped, grabbing me and hold me against his chest.

“I’ll take whatever comes to me, but I’m not leaving you like this.”

Eventually my eyes started to droop and I went to bed.

-------

When I woke up I had a massive headache and my body hurt.

“Here”

I almost growled at her for being in my room, but refrained myself and rolled over.

“You can’t be in bed all day you know. There are some of us here who would like to do things.”

“Then go do them, I don’t need a babysitter.”

“Christian doesn’t think so and to be honest neither do I.”

“Then I guess you’re stuck here.”

I pulled the covers over my head and went back to bed. 

It was like that for the week that I was to be here. I didn’t go anywhere; I didn’t speak to anyone and at times didn’t eat.

By the time I flew back he had Vivian watching my every move. I wasn’t even allowed to eat alone due to the fact that I was losing weight instead of gaining it.