“Christian!”

My stomach was in knots, but I stood there and listened.

“Ring a bell?”

When I didn’t say anything and just looked down he let go of my arm, stepping away.

“This should have been the best day of our lives and you ruined it.”

After pointing his finger at me, he shook his head and went inside.

“Em… it’s not true.”

I shook my head and went inside as Vivian shook her head at him and Mike was trying to calm Christian down. When Vivian looked up at me as I walked in she came rushing towards me.

“You just couldn’t put on a happy face and faked it, could you? Why does everything have to be about you?! This is supposed to be his day, not yours!”

“Vivian!”

“No, she’s right, it is his day, I’m sorry.”

“Well you should be, now try to make the rest of this wedding a pleasant one.”

I nodded and took my flowers as she shoved them against my chest. 

So I kept my mouth shut and plastered a happy face. The worst part was being in his arms for our first dance. I was wrapped in his arms and it felt like everything around had faded away. I was able to hold him, smell him and feel him against me. That was the only time he let me touch him. Everything else, he would go off and talk to his family or friends, while I sat down and watched everyone laughing and dancing.

“Come on.”

Benny came up to me and grabbed my hand before I had a chance to protest. 

“Come on!”

“Ben…”

Then he started dancing circles around me and I couldn’t help but laugh and start dancing. I didn’t know he could dance so well and so much. 

Shoes came off, drinks kept coming and I forced myself to have a good time regardless if he was looking at me the entire time. 

Christian’s POV

I watched her from where I was standing. I watched as she jumped around with everyone and mostly I watched as her mood changed. She was enjoying herself and I let her enjoy it as it was going to be the last time she did.

“Everything’s ready boss.”

I nodded not taking my eyes off of her and downed my drink before making my way to the door. I stopped for a second, sensing her, but didn’t look back. If I was going on this trip I needed not to see her or think about her. It would be a month before I saw her, but I didn’t need to see her face before I left. 

When I walked out, I felt the jab in my heart and kept walking until I was in the car. I leaned back and closed my eyes, letting out a breath. Today had been the hardest day of my life and yet the happiest. She was my wife, after so long she was my wife and she looked absolutely stunning in her dress. She looked exactly like I pictured her too and more.

“Sir, we’re here.”

I took a deep breath and got out as my door opened. 

Once in the air, I was able to finally get my head together and get some work done, but once and a while I felt the emptiness of not having her with me. She was to stay there for another week before heading home and it would be another three weeks before I saw her again if things went according to plan.