I Refuse...

Emma POV:

It's the first day of school in a new town, and I can't even explain how I feel. Because today also happens to be my 16th birthday. I'm not as happy as I want to be on this day, because I'd rather be with my best friends back at home. Well my old home... I guess I should tell you a little about my self. My name is Emmalyn Moore and of course today is my birthday, August 22. I live with my mom and dad, Sandy and Daniel Moore. Oh and did I mention we were werewolves? But only just me and my dad. My mom is really my step-mom but i just call her mom, because my real mother died when i was 4 months old. Im not mad or anything, but my dad was crushed. The only reason he didn't kill himself was me. He finally remarried and is happy with a human, Sandy...

"Get up, Sweetie! It's the first day of school!"

My thoughts were interrupted by my mom telling me its time to wake up.

"Ok Mom! I'm up." I grumble. I roll out of bed and look in the mirror on my door. 

"I look horrible!" I say to myself. I jump in the shower, and let the water run over my body. Showers always relax me. I finally get out and get ready in my small room. You see, my family isn't rich or well off, we are just ok. Then right as I'm about to walk out of my bedroom my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see its my dad,

"Hey dad."

"Hi Honey. How are you?"

I'm good. What's up dad?"

"I was just calling to see if you were ready for your first day of school at Boonsboro High."

"Yes dad I'm, ready," I sigh, he thinks that just because it's a new town I wouldn't go to school, "I gotta go dad, if I wanna catch the bus. Love you! Bye"

"Bye Sweetie!" My dad was in Hawaii for his job while me and mom moved up here to Boonsboro an all werewolf town.

I put my phone in my pocket and run down the stairs. Mom already left for work, figures she doesn't say good-bye. My mom and I were never close... at all. I here the bus horn so I grab my bag and head out the door. I could just tell today was gonna be a long day. 

I got on the bus, and smelt the most amazing sent I have ever smelled! It was cinnamon mixed with a woodsy smell. I searched for the source and my eyes landed on an amazingly handsome boy in the back of the bus. He had brown sort-of long hair, not like so long it could be a girl, but a good length for him. Gorgeous green eyes that I was drawn too. Everything about this boy was pulling me to him, except the slut on his lap. Then I got this feeling in my stomach. What was this feeling I had... Jealousy? I thought, I don't even know the boy, why am I feeling this way? I was utterly confused. But I finally found my seat in the middle of the bus and was silent the whole way t school, but i could feel the stare of many people on me.

Once we got to school, I rushed off the. I felt suffocated by all the opinionated stares I was getting. I shook my head and started for the entrance of the school, when I ran into a wall... Wait what? I look up and saw that handsome boy that I saw on the bus.

"Are you ok?" His sexy voice asked me with what sounded like genuine concern.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said Then he brought his hand down and helped me up, that's when i felt the sparks. I gasped and fell back down.

'MATE!' My wolf screamed at me!

"You're my mate."

He looked at me with a soft expression, the his face hardened.

"No I'm not. I don't want a mate. So I refuse you." He told me.

At first I was happy, then I let his words sink in... That's when my world fell apart right in the front of the school. I ran into the school using my werewolf speed and saw a closet, so I went into, locked it and cried.