Pain without Sorrow

Ezra peeled open his eyes. He was alone. In the Med Bay. On a bed. Beside Kanan. "Kanan?" Ezra cracked, shaking his arm gently. Kanan mumbled something Ezra couldn't make out and opened his eyes.

"Look who's up, sleepyhead!" Ezra snorted, pushing himself off of the bed. Kanan groaned and sat up, rubbing his forehead.

"Haha!" Kanan growled. Ezra could feel Kanan hiding something. He could also feel Great Depression and anger radiating off of Kanan like a bomb.

"What's up?" Erza asked. "The sky." Kanan replied with a smirk. "I knew I shouldn't have done that...." Erza asked, face palming himself. "Really though!" Ezra looked up at Kanan.

"Ugh....I had a vision." Erza stepped back when Kanan had an explosion of anger. "What was it about?" Ezra asked, trembling. "The Dark Side." A smile spread across Kanan's face.

"Kanan? You ok?" Erza backed up into a corner, but Kanan followed. "Kanan?" Ezra asked, shaking. "I'm not Kanan anymore." Kanan growled, igniting his lightsaber.

Ezra pushed him back gently and ignited his own. He knew he'd probably lose this battle, but he wouldn't go down without a fight. "Kanan! This isn't you! Wake up!" Ezra yelled.

"I'm not Kanan!" Kanan snarled, swinging near Ezra with no grace at all. Ezra dodged and that left a deep singe mark on the wall. "Hera's gonna kill us!" Ezra growled.

"She'll kill you!" Kanan replied sharply, swinging near Ezra. Ezra yelled when the lightsaber grazed his arm. "Ashoka!" Ezra called and the door opened to reveal Ashoka.

She quickly pushed Kanan into a wall and held him there. "What happened?" Ashoka asked, still holding Kanan. "I don't know. He woke up and was like this!" Erza tried to hide his annoyance.

"Kanan. Come back to us." Ashoka looked at Kanan, whoms eyes had changed from their emerald green to the yellow rings of anger with red rings of hate and suffering surrounding them.

"I told you, I'm not Kanan!" Kanan growled. "Then who are you?" Ashoka asked. "That's for me to know, and you to not!" Kanan snapped and Hera walked in.

"What happened?!" She gasped. "Kanan." Erza and Ashoka said at the same time. "What really happened?" Hera snorted. "A vison and now he's on the Dark Side." Ezra grumbled, standing up.

Kanan rolled his eyes as they started to flicker back to green.

"Kanan!" Ezra's eyes lit up. "Ez-Ezra! It's me, Kanan! Now can you tell Ashoka to let me go?" Ashoka narrowed her eyes as Ezra nodded. "Don't trust him." Ashoka growled. "Why not?" Ezra snapped. "Quiz him to see if it's really him." Ashoka replied.

"Kanan, what was your old name." Ezra asked.

"Kanan Jarrus." Kanan replied. "I should've seen that!" Ezra groaned. "Let me go you Loth-Rat! Your nothing but an unwanted, uncared for, and unliked Padawan!" Kanan snarled with a sting that struck Ezra like venom through his heart.

"Ezra, he doesn't mean it." Ashoka tried to calm Ezra.

Ezra crumbled to his knees. He felt Kanan return through their Force bond and he fell. "Erza....what just happened?" Kanan asked rubbing his head. Ezra didn't reply.

"You said I'm nothing." Ezra trembled.

Kanan's eyes widened. "I didn't mean it!" He gasped. "You called me NOTHING!" Ezra shouted, shoving his master back and scrambling to his feet. Kanan slowly stood up. "Ezra.." Ashoka began, but the teen wouldn't listen.

With a cry of anger, he shoved through Ashoka and Hera and raced through the plains of Lothal with no intention of returning.

Kanan's P.O.V

Well, Kanan's Padawan just ran away. "I'll send Sabine and Ze-" She was cut off as the Ghost began to tilt. Suddenly, it was upside down. Lights flickered and sparks flew.

"That was Ezra!" Kanan gasped, feeling his presence.

"Is he that strong?" Ashoka asked calmly. "Who cares how strong he is, he's staying!" Kanan boasted. "Can you and Ashoka go outside and tip the Ghost upright?" Hera grumbled from under a chair. Kanan stifled a laugh. "Sure thing, captain Syndulla." He and Ashoka made their way out.

"Ezra's near, but let's focus on the Ghost." Ashoka stated, holding both hands up.

Kanan sighed. He remembered when he and his master had tipped their ship over by accident and he had to put it upright by himself. He held his hands up and focused.

It took all his strength and will combined with Ashoka's to tip the ship upright. A creak. A groan. A screech. A thud. Then wind. Kanan opened his eyes to see the Ghost upright, but something was wrong. Something on the ship. Fear, sorrow, anger, and depression.

"Either that's Ezra or the crew is scared." Kanan joked. Ashoka snorted. "Or its just Rex screaming like a little girl." (I had to) Kanan stifled a laugh and started walking towards the ramp. It opened itself and they walked in, exchanging a glance of worry.

They went to the commons room to find Chopprr spazzing out, spinning around-and-around in circles with his arms in the air, waving them wildly and throwing stuff at the drew. "He malfunctioned!" Hera yelled as a bowl crashed into the ground, breaking.

"Who did that?!" Kanan yelled, blocking a cup. "Ezra?" Hera shrugged. "Erza can't change a robots personality. No one can unless they..." Kanan trailed off. "Reset him!" Sabine amended, leaping over the table she used as cover and diving towards Chopper, pressing the reset switch.

Slowly, the droid stopped spinning and shut down.

"Hera, he's all yours." Sabine kicked the droid towards Hera. "When that rustbucket wakes up!" Zeb pic he his fists together, grinning. "Haha, no." Hera snapped. Zeb held his hands up defensively and Kanan rolled his eyes. "Ok, so we need to figure out everything." Hera said.

"Ok, Erzas gone, we fixed the Ghost, and fixing Chopper. Ok we're done!" Zeb began to walk out, but Kanan stopped him. "Ezra left, so we'll need to send out search parties." Rex growled, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Great!"

Guys, I'm really sorry for the long wait! Hope you can forgive me! 👍🏻 or 👎🏻