The Stranger Within

For the next few days, Mark wasn't completely himself. You finally stopped talking to him, seeing as he got annoyed whenever you told him you were going to work. He would always apologize when you came home, but you didn't know what to believe anymore. Between stressful customers, and annoyed friends, nothing seemed right. You unlocked the door and quietly stepped inside, pulling off your shoes and lazily dropping them. Just as you turned the lock, you heard a loud crash from upstairs. You didn't want to go check on Mark, for fear that he would yell at you. But at the same time you wanted to see if he was okay.

"Hey, Mark?" you called from the bottom of the stairs. "You okay?"

You heard a raspy voice from behind you. "Perfect, just perfect."

You spun around and screamed when you recognized the figure in front of you. The infamous fan-made character Darkiplier. "Don't be scared, pretty girl." Dark purred in your ear. He slowly sauntered around you, occasionally twisting a lock of your h/c hair around his finger. After several excruciatingly long moments of nerve racking silence, he grabbed your head and forced you to stare into his almost black eyes. The longer he stared, the more your hands shook, and the faster your thoughts ran. Oh my gosh, is he going to kill me? Am I going to die? "M-Mark," you whimpered, "what're you doing?"

He growled and roughly pushed you away. "I, am not, Mark!"

Stay calm. Stay calm. "Mark, please. Tell me what's wrong."

Dark's head snapped towards you. Oh no. He quickly advanced on you and pushed you over the back of the couch. In response, you squealed as you hit the couch cushions. He jumped over the back of the couch and hovered over you, piercing you with his dark brown eyes. Your breathing quickened and you could only yell one word. Or rather, a name. "MARK!"

Dark blinked rapidly and shook his head. He stared at you in confusion. "Y/n?"

He pushed himself away from you and held his hands to his head as he began to hyperventilate. "Oh no, oh no, no! Not again, no!"

You slowly pushed yourself upright on the couch. "M-Mark?"

He slowly lifted his head, and looked at you with sad eyes, which had returned to their normal color. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"Mark... What was that? Why have you been acting so strange lately?" He sighed and looked to the floor. "Um.. Nothing?" You simply look at him.

"Really? Nothing is you yelling at me when I tell you I'm off to work, and then apologizing when I get home? Nothing is you pushing me over the back of the couch? Nothing is your eyes changing colors? Well if that's nothing, then nothing needs to stop. I mean, look at us, we never talk anymore and if we do, we're fighting. What happened, Mark? I thought we were better than this... I thought we were friends... "

You trail off of your little rant and give a frustrated little sigh. He looks at you, his sad eyes melting your heart. "Oh, Mark. I didn't mean to get mad. Aww.. Come here." You walk over to him, wrapping him in a hug.

    Mark squeezes you tight. You giggle a little as he picks you up and twirls you around. "All is forgiven." He says, setting you down.  You sigh. You were worried about him. Half the time you didn't know who to expect. "Try not to get to mad anytime soon, ok?" You comment, laying your head on his chest.

    "Yeah." He sets his chin on your head, and lets out another sigh. "You ok?" You ask. "Me? Yeah. I'm Perfect." "Perfect?" You respond, fear welling up inside you. "Perfect, just perfect." You gulp, slowly bring your head up to look at him.

    Eyes. Normal.

    Voice. Fine.

    Features. The same.

    Hmm.. Nothing's changed... He looks down at you confused. "Don't ever say that again." You warn, dead serious. "Umm... Ok." You give a little nod before laying your head on his chest again. Now that your miniature heart attack had subsided, you could think clearly... What was Mark hiding from you? And most importantly, Why?

------------------------------------

So... there you go. Next update. Getting suspenseful... or trying to ('cause creativity has "forsaken" us in the words of Caitlin -A). I don't know. Just remember: anything good was written by @AbigailWright7, not me (not true XD -A). We will try to update it every Monday and Thursday. Anyway, not much else to say, so enjoy this update!

All in all, Buh-Bye!

Peace! -A