Lesson 19: Threats Never Gets Old

Start from the beginning

       Ronnie pulled away, grinning like a maniac like she had seen before. "How did you know it was me?" he questioned, oddly tapping her nose.

       "Because no mature person in this banquet would tackle Michelle like that," Mickey scoffed, burying his hands into his pockets while glaring at his friend.

       "You're no fun, Mickey!" Ronnie chortled, pouting.

       Michelle covered her mouth when she began giggling, gaining the males' attention.

       "What's so funny?" they asked, their tones different from one another's. Mickey's was more serious and filled with irritation pointed towards Ronnie whilst Ronnie's was more curious and amused.

       "Your bantering are always cute," she answered, slipping her arm through Mickey's, resting her head against his shoulder. She didn't realize what she was doing at all; it just felt natural to do. "It reminds me of Tami and Tyler."

       At the sound of Tami's name, Ronnie's eyes brightened. "Tami? How is she doing?" he asked, sounding genuinely curious, as he folded his arms over his chest in an un-elegant manner. "She hasn't picked up any of my calls or responded to any of my texts."

       Michelle swallowed, staring at the hurt which raced through those dark orbs. Ronnie was really into Tami even though he barely knew her. At the moment, he looked like a wounded puppy in search of an owner.

       "You sound like a stalker," Mickey stated, interrupting Michelle's thoughts. "Just leave the chick alone, man. She's obviously not interested."

       When Ronnie's shoulders hunched, Michelle spoke, "I think you should keep trying. Instead of trying to use technology to interact with Tami, go to her in person. Show her your cute, silly side instead of your slutty, I'm-so-bad-ass side. She prefers the interior rather than the exterior."

       Ronnie took in every word that she said from the looks of things, much to her relief. "I will ignore your comment about the slutty and bad ass-ness, but thanks," he said, giving his own genuine smile. "Your advice means a lot."

       She gave a sweet, bone-chilling smile and said in a matching, bone-chilling voice, "Just don't make me regret giving you the advice. Capiche?"

       His eyes widened slightly with hints of fear racing through. "Capiche," he hesitantly echoed. "Well, I have a feeling that Ella will want to see you in her one-of-a-kind dress. See ya." Ronnie walked past them, but not without whispering into Michelle's ear teasingly, "Don't forget to use protection."

       Her face reddened and she turned her head, watching him disappear into the crowd. So, he remembered that whole conversation, Michelle thought bitterly to herself. Great.

       "Are you okay?"

       Looking over at Mickey, she noticed his worried expression as he watched her. "I'm fine," she answered with a small smile.

       "Did Ronnie say anything that bothered you?" Mickey asked, lifting his hand and covering her hand that was on his arm. He rubbed smooth circles on her fingers.

       "Mickey, I'm fine," she repeated, rolling her eyes. "I swear I'm going to smack you if you ask that again."

       "You've lately been already mastering your lessons," he commented, pulling her into the banquet halls. In reality, it was pretty much a ballroom rather than some party hall. Tables surrounded the dance floor and people in elegant gowns and tuxes danced on said dance floor.