Chapter 28... Prom?

Start from the beginning

"There you are!" Scarlett said as we approached the group. "Hey, guys!" I heard a familiar voice, immediately recognising it to be Nathan's. Everyone greeted him, but I felt Scarlett tense up beside me. I saw Nathan's gaze fixed on her while she kept her eyes away from him. Remind me, I need to talk to Scarlett later. "You guys shop for your dresses while Nathan and I shop for our tuxes. We'll meet you girls here at this very spot after we're done." Shane instructed.

After 4 hours of trying about 10 dresses, walking in and out of the changing room, pulling out more outfits and adjusting the dresses and bra straps, we were finally done. "This was great!" Lia squealed as we walked out. "Are you sure my dress looks good? It's not too exposing, is it?" Miyra asked nervously. "Relax, Miyra! You look amazing!" Lia rolled her eyes. "Took you 4 hours?" Shane said as we approached him. "You should be grateful we got good dresses here or you would have to take us to other shops," Scarlett informed her brother. "I have my car; I'll drop Lia and Miyra home." Amber said, "Cool!" Shane smiled, "Letty, D hop in!" Shane said. Nathan opened the door for us; he looked rather uncomfortable as his eyes met Scarlett's. "Bye girls!" I hugged Lia, Miyra and Amber before I got into Shane's car.

"Okay so what's the deal with you and him?" I whispered to Scarlett once the car was in motion. "Me and who?" she asked innocently.

"Oh! Don't play dumb!"

"I seriously don't know what you are talking about."

"You and Nathan!"

"Shh.. softer! He'll hear you!" she said gripping my arm. I knitted my eyebrows together; "Will you tell me or do I ask him myself?" she just shrugged, maybe thinks I won't do it. Watch me! "Nathan?" I called, "yup," he said turning around, he was riding shotgun. I watched Scarlett's eyes turn as wide as saucers before they gripped my hand and mouthed "No, please," "Could you please turn the volume up?" I asked smirking triumphantly at Scarlett. "Sure," he said and turned the volume up. "Now answer," I whispered to Scarlett. "W-We.. um.. We kind of k-kissed," she answered. "You what!!??" I shouted! Nathan turned around looking worried and Shane seemed to have lost control of the car before he quickly recovered. "Are you insane?" he said looking at me from the rare view mirror, "You scared me to death! We would have all died right now!" Shane glared at me from the rare view mirror. "I'm sorry. Scarlett just-" "I just told her she might be the valedictorian this year!" Scarlett cut in. They both gave me a weird look before going back to their conversation about the playoffs. "You are so giving me the details," I leaned towards Scarlett. She blushed and nodded.

"Well, we had talked a couple of times and he used to come to meet Shane a lot so we became friends too." Scarlett came over to my place after dinner, we lied on my bed and she was telling me about Nathan. "When we were finding out about Wesley," I will never be enough grateful to these guys for bringing the truth out, "well it was probably then that I started developing a crush on him and then do you remember I had gone out of town a couple of days ago?" I nodded remembering, "I had to deliver a parcel to my dad's friend and on my way back, my car broke down. There was nothing on that road, no cars, no gas station and it was raining heavily. I got out of my car to check but couldn't see anything. Suddenly I felt someone behind me. I was scared out of my mind. I turned around to a very drenched Nathan." She giggled a little thinking about that day. "He went out of the town for something and on his way back somebody ran away with his bike. So we got inside the car as we had to wait till it was morning. It was getting colder as the night fell. He saw me shivering so he magically pulled out a blanket from under the back seat. Apparently, Shane keeps a blanket under the back seat for Nia. I wrapped myself in the blanket, but then I realised that he was drenched and shivering too, so we.. We shared the blanket. One thing led to another and that's when we... we, you know kissed!" She blushed looking at the window. I jumped up from my bed clapping my hands like a little girl, "That was sooo romantic!" I said. But before I could tease her about it, my phone's message tone played. "Saved by the bell," I winked at Scarlett. It was a message from Shane: 'Look outside the window'

I walked to my window and looked down to find the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. There were electric candles lit on the ground. They were placed in a sequence so they made the word 'Prom?' Shane stood beside it with a bouquet of carnation flowers of different colours. "Now that's romantic!" Scarlett said standing beside me. I ran out of my room to meet Shane outside. It was something nobody had ever done for me. I ran towards Shane and hugged him, I did not even realise when tears escaped my eyes. He hugged me for a while before pulling away to look at me. He chuckled watching me sob, "So, shall I take that as a yes?" he asked, "Ye-yes" I stammered. He handed me the carnations before he hugged me again. I was dating Wesley for 2 years but he never did anything remotely close to what Shane has done for me.

They say that you need only one reason to fall for someone, so how can I not fall in love with a guy who has given me a new reason to love him every single day?

--------------------------------------------------

A/N: Chapter 28 is out! This took a little longer but I have been out of town for a while. The chapter is a little longer and is unedited so please tolerate me. I had some spare time so I thought why not give the world's best readers a new update? So here it is. I am still out of town but I am going to try my best to update sooner. Till then

•Vote.

•Comment.

And keep reading. Happy holidays, have a great summer. Love ya all :-*

-D