Chapter 3

KIERA SHADE

I don't know why but the baby never cried, he was awake most of the time and not to mention his silver eyes -much like mine- kept burning into my soul but I am a soul, so- Oh forget it!

"Your son creeps me out," Tyde said.

"You're not good with children ,are you, Tyde?" I questioned.

"I'm 18, I'm not supposed to be good with children!" He exclaimed.

I stared at him. He did look 18 but what normal 18 year old was guiding spirits to Hell.

"Well technically. I'm like 7502, give or take.... But that's considered young in this place!" He muttered.

"So what's this Line of Alexander you speak of?"

"Story Tyme, get it? 'Cause Tyme is my brother?" Tyde cracked up, slapping his knee.

"Ha-freaking-ha. That's so funny," I said sarcastically.

"That was so funny that I almost died," He said, cracking up again.

"You should stop with the puns," I said dryly.

"Okay okay. So our friend, Alexander- Alex for short-, sacrificed himself to create the border that separates Heaven and Hell, the end," Tyde cheered at the 'the end'.

"Ouch... You don't sound sad at all,"

"Your point...?"

"You're a bad friend."

"So I've been told."

I gave him a 'seriously?' look.

"So shall we go?" Tyde said cheerfully.

"Mmmm.... Okay," I sighed.

I glanced at my still unnamed child. I didn't want to name him. I wanted to leave that choice to Lazarus. The mere thought of him made me feel sad, knowing if I never met James, we wouldn't be here. The child- my child- wouldn't have to grow up wondering where his mother was or why his mother faded or where this so-called Earth was.

As I walked away from the entrance to Hell, I turned back to take another look of the entrance, watching as it faded into nothing like I would, once I handed my son to Lazarus.

"You do realize that your child still needs a name, right?" Tyde said, interrupting my train of thought.

"I'd like to leave that to Lazarus," I said.

"Before you fade, demand that Lazarus names your child," Tyde said, looking at my son.

"Why?"

"It is bad news for a child to remain nameless."

"What does that have to do with me? I said I'll let Lazarus name him," I said, feeling irritated.

"It is worse news if the mother doesn't know her own child's name," He muttered,looking serious for once.

"Is there another story behind this?" I asked, curious.

"Soon, you'll learn there's a story behind everything," He said, a flash of unhappiness written on his face for a split second before his face went back to his happy, carefree look.

It made me curious but I shrugged it off, realing it was a sensitive topic for him.

There was a very pregnant silence that surrounded us as we walked before he came to an abrupt stop. I glanced at him, curiously, wondering why he stopped until I saw it. I immediately held my son closer.