"I'll see what I can find."

My beasts rested at her tone, thankful that I didn't have to command my sister.

No one has ever talked to me like that besides Emily. Of course my mate would have a soft place in my heart where she could do as she pleases, but the rest of the pack would not control me. I intend for it to stay that way, no matter how soft Emily makes me.

Her dirty blonde hair was strung over my chest, slightly darkening at her roots with the new growth. I smiled at the thought of the connection having this much control over us. Our bond has grown so strong, Emily's brown hair is becoming more dark - like mine - and her scent is starting to blend with mine. She has gained some muscle, and has grown an inch or two already. Overall, the progress already being made is outstanding. But just because she was changing didn't mean we were anywhere closer to our goal, her life was still at risk

That thought scared me.

Emily was too stubborn to back down now, even if she hated to run I knew that if I asked her to do it again she would. Anything she could do to benefit others and she wouldn't think twice about it. I was amazed by not only her beauty but by her attitude. She was strikingly strong-willed, and believed in what she wanted. She never backed down when challenged, yet she knew such patience and kindness that even I got to experience it.

Everything I didn't deserve.

A soft knock sounded at my door, my ears picked up on the heartbeat outside of the door.
I sniffed the air, daring any uncertain scent to cross my nose. I sat up and blocked the view of her uncovered body beside me.

"Come in. Silently." I threatened, rolling off of the bed to meet him at the door so he couldn't get close to her while she was unaware.

Doctor Cason walked in, the smell of nervousness leaking in with him. Before I could kick him out of my room for disturbing, he held up packages of human items in surrender.

"I helped Brooklyn find what she might need." He said uncomfortably, his face darkening a bit under my glare. "Her hormones will be in a mess for a while, the website said to expect any range of emotions during this time and to stay patient." Doctor Cason handed me the bag of human items. "And let her eat ice cream and salt or something."

I frowned, pulling a movie case from the bag. Even this too? "How long is this going to last?"

The doctor shrugged, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.
"Apparently they vary. About a week?"

"Thanks," I mumbled, shuffling my hands through the packages to see everything inside. There were some bottles of medication in there too, indicating that she would be in more pain later on. That didn't sit well with me.

Cason lowered his head and retreated down the hall. I shut the door, leaning against the wall to further investigate the items. Without opening them, their fragrance filled my nose, making my eyes water at the artificial scent. I wondered why she needed three different sizes of - pads?

"Is that for me?"
I craned my neck back to look at Emily, my nose smelling the human aroma wafting from her direction even more strongly now. Her cheeks were flushed as she leaned over, holding on to her stomach as another wave of strong cramping attacked her lower half. Almost instantly, my groin and lowered back ached, the throb making me shift my weight uncomfortably before I went to go help her. While she was bent in two, her face turned to look at the space she just laid in, a small blood stain catching her eyes before her mouth parted.

It has begun -

She was embarrassed, I could see that without the mate bond. She looked back up at me, her eyes filling with tears as her face grew darker. I took a deep breath, holding the scent in my lungs until the burn went away before speaking.
"Emily, it's okay. You didn't do anything wrong baby." I began to panic at her panic, my intentions far from making her upset over something like this.