Boys are evil creatures of the night children, remember this.

Adrianna Fray

       "Haha loser. I totally just beat your puny butt." I rolled my eyes, hearing Harley. I let myself drop onto the really soft grass of the city park, panting for my breath. Racing the fastest girl on the track team had been a terrible idea.

        "Shut. Up." I panted, holding the back of my head with my hands. We had been going back to my house and cutting through the park when she had decided we needed to run from the little children, she had a strange fear of little kids, I guess, and declared a race.

        "Adrianna, come on! Get your lazy arse up. Oh, hey! I see someone next to your house! Get up you fool!" She smirked, suddenly picking me up by the waist and tossing me over her shoulder. Did I mention how strong the madman was?

        "Ahh! Harley! Let me down! I'll walk! Put me down!" I hit her back with my fists, not like it was going to help. Her auburn hair was seriously unnaturally thick and I had small hands. My hits usually felt like a two year old patting someone. Sigh, so sad.

         "Alright." Her reply was practically drowned out by her giggles as she suddenly dropped me. I huffed, laying there for a moment before slowly getting up. I was extremely short next to her, actually, that was my everyday life. Welcome to the world of being as short as 5'1.

         "Looks like they're moving in." She said, narrowing her eyes as she walked towards my house. I had to take three steps for her every one, and I couldn't really see the moving truck until we were on the gates to the park. The house had been vacant for almost all of my life, the widow who lived there had died when I was three. I was turning seventeen in three months. "Looks like you got a hottie as a neighbor to." She gave a wolf whistle, and the little boy who was standing next to, who I assumed was the mother, looked over and gave us a weird look. I flushed red, and tried punching her as hard as I could. She just laughed, waving to the mother and kid as we walked into my house.

           "Oh, Adrian! Harley! I wasn't expecting you until after five." My mother, Jordana Fray, yelped from where she was under the sink, fixing it, I guess. She was an engineer and we had never hired someone in our entire life.

           "Yup, track signups ended early." Harley gave her one of her brilliant smiles, and Mum chuckled.

          "Well, alright. Your mother told me you needed to meet her at The Grill once you got back." She said, looking between us. "You two weren't planning anything, were you? I could call her if you were..." She started rambling, and Harley shook her head.

        "Don't you worry, Mrs. Fray. Shorty and I weren't planning anything until Friday. I'll get going right away. Have a good day. And Shorty," She gave me a smirk as she saluted my mum, "call me when you meet Hottie. I want a full description." She gave a curtsy, saluting before spinning on her heels. I shook my head in amusement, before turning to mom.

        "We have new neighbors? Why didn't I know this? Abigail has been outside all day." She started fussing with her hair and straightening up. "Well, we can introduce ourselves tomorrow. Let them get a little settled." She said, blinking. I walked over to the fridge, searching for orange juice or something healthy for once. Annd of course there was nothing. I rolled my eyes, grabbing one of my iced coke popsicles from the freezer.

       "You need to go shopping again, we're out of the healthy stuff. Unless the government declared junk food as healthy food?" I told her and grinned as she threw a towel at my face.

      "Young lady, if you want that you take your little butt to the grocery store and buy it yourself." She said, shaking her head. I grinned, grabbing a bag of pretzels and running upstairs and into my bedroom. I fell onto my cozy beanbag chair, grabbing the Xbox remote and getting onto Crunchy-roll. I settled into the chair, putting Ouran High Host Club on. (It's a good show and I am going to warn you right now that I am an anime addict.) I yawn, pulling my hair into a messy bun and grabbing a  blanket and curling up into the chair of a long overdue marathon of complete and udder twenty four hour of just anime. I wasn't going to move from this spot unless I was dying, had to go bathroom and couldn't hold it, or if I needed food.