1: To Be Free.

As I stepped out of my car, the familar buzz of talking hushed, and peoples eyes fixtated on me. Almost like lasers, you could see them burning holes in the floor, worshiping as I walked along it.

A small, fake smile, was painted on to my face; the same as it was every morning. My friends - or so I thought of them - were waiting for me by the entrance to the school gates.

My friends consisted of the Football team and the cheerleaders; it made sense, I was the head cheerleader.

Not everything you read about cheerleaders are true. Not all of us are bimbos and lean against a wall, our legs apart asking people if they wanted a go. We're competitors, and athletes. We take cheerleading seriously. We are not a bunch of pom pom girls.

Lucas, my boyfriend, smiled at me. His smile was one that I knew many people swooned for, a smile to die for. His smile to me was just like any other playerish charm. Lucas liked my, I knew that for sure, but it wasn't love. Over the years, are boyfriend / girlfriends realationship had developed into a friendship, but nothing more.

My mum saw us both madly in love, happy and commited. We were happy I guess, but more in a happy friend way.

Lucas kissed my lips once. "Hey."

I smiled back and wrapped my arm around his waist. "Hello." I greeted my friends. They all did their greetings, and went back of to gossiping.

When I said not everything you read about cheerleaders are true, I meant it. A few cheerleaders, are sluts - and do have there legs open, for anything with a penis and two legs (Im hoping that they stick to people) - and total mean bitches, and gossips.

Never in my life, had I had any true friends. My friends consisted of people who wanted Popularity, or something else from me. All my boyfriends had wanted that too, wanting to marry there way into my family and my inheritance.

Never had I had a friend because they wanted to truly be my friend; neitheir a boyfriend because of love and not just out of love or apperances - like Lucas.

I just wanted to be free.