Part 2 Chapter 6

• Just because @BloodyBatty made me happy and likes the story, an extra uodate.•

Natasha, Clint, Steve, and Ashlyn were in a QuinJet on their way to Seoul, North Korea. "Steve, you okay going in by yourself?", he nodded, "Stay safe and alert." Ashlyn opened the drop doors and he jumped. She closed them, "Now we just fly around I guess." Natasha chuckled and Ashlyn smiled at her friend. "Helen's dead. The cradle is gone." Ashlyn was looking over the city when a lab truck caught her attention, Steve was on a part of the road, "There's a private plane-", Ashlyn shook her head, "Lab Truck headed your way, if you jump in 5 you'll land right on top." Steve sighed and she smirked, "Wanting some help Captain?", he sighed, "I could use it." She nodded and stood, "Be there in 5." Steve jumped and landed on top of the truck and Natasha grabbed Ashlyn, "Ash.", Ashlyn gave a smile, "I'll be fine, I promise." Natasha nodded and opened the doors for her friend and watched has Ashlyn jumped and landed on a car below them. Ashlyn stood up and jumped the traffic getting to the truck and joining Steve, "Well he is pissed off." Ashlyn nodded, "Let's try to keep him that way." Clint sighed, "You two aren't a match for him." Ashlyn scoffed, "Thanks for the vote of confidence babe." Ashlyn flicked her wrist and her energy swirled around her body and her swords showed in her hands. "You are like a step up from Wanda." Ashlyn nodded, "Exactly." She began to fight Ultron and Steve joined her. He looked at them, "This is interesting, he is protecting you." She smiled, "He is my friend." Ultron laughed, "Sure he is, tell me why doesn't he know-", she shot him back with her powers, "Shut up robot." He laughed and Natasha quickly joined the two, went Ultron hit Steve and he slid into Ashlyn, making her fall from the truck onto a car windshield, "Uh God." She stood up, "My apologizes." She jumped forward and Ultron groaned after he hit Steve off and she jumped up, "You're starting to get annoying." She rolled her eyes, "Bullshit, everyone loves me." Clint chuckled, "Keep him busy babe." She sighed, "What do you think I've been doing?", with that Steve jumped up and somehow the group ended up on a train.

•••••••••••••••••••• 2 Weeks Ago •••••••••••••••••••

Ashlyn bent over one of the headquarter toilets and threw up. She wiped her mouth with her sleeve and quickly washed her hands and swished with water. Maria walked into the bathroom, "How long?", Ashlyn sighed, "Nick sent you in? What happened to no audio recorders or video in the bathrooms?", Maria smiled, "He hacked your watch." She groaned, "He would." She looked at Maria, "Only a few weeks, I'm close to 5 weeks along." Maria nodded, "How'd Clint take the news." Ashlyn looked down, "I haven't had the chance to tell him.", Maria looked at her, "Fury always has him on missions, along with myself. I'm fine, I'll tell him when I'm sure. It could be wrong." Maria raised an eyebrow, "You've not been to a doctor?", Ashlyn glanced down, "I haven't even had time to process." Maria looked at her, "You need to tell him, soon." Ashlyn nodded, "I know, I'm just scared." Maria smirked, "The great Red Bird scared?", Ashlyn looked down, "Missions are one thing, this is another. This is an entirely new chapter that I've never thought about." Ashlyn glanced up, "What if I'm not good at it?", Maria smiled, "Ashlyn, you take care of friends like they are family. You'll be fine, you'll have all of us to help." Ashlyn nodded, "Alright, I'll tell him.", Maria nodded and they walked out of the bathroom. Nick running over, "Agent Barton, I have a mission for you." She sighed and walked toward him, "Of course you do." She grabbed the folder from his hand and opened it, walking toward her office.

•••••••••••••••••••• Present Day •••••••••••••••••••

Ashlyn stood in front of Ultron when a flash of silver appeared and metal bars filled the train with red around them, "Asher-", she glanced at Steve, "It isn't me!", Wanda stood behind Steve and Pietro behind Ashlyn, "You don't have to do this." Wanda spoke up, "What choice do we have?", Ultron groaned and the train derailed, gaining the attention of the heroes and the twins and Ultron took the distraction to get away. Something hit the front of the train and Ashlyn stumbled toward a hole in the floor and Pietro caught her, "Thank you." Steve ran forward, "Conductor is dead." She groaned, "Pietro, can you get the citizens out of the way." He nodded and took off, "Wanda, I think together we can stop this train." Wanda nodded and the two started to use their powers on the brakes and the wheels. The train was coming to a slower pace but hitting food carts and more. They finally stopped and Ashlyn fell to her knees and panted, "Are you alright?", Ashlyn nodded, "It's all part of the job." She stood up, "Asher, have to seen Nat?", she farrowed her eyebrows, "No, last I seen she had her bike and Captain's shield." He sighed and she farrowed her eyebrows, "Where are you?", he was silent, "Clint?", he sighed, "I'm in New York. Stark has the cradle.", Ashlyn's eyes widened and she stepped off the train, "Tony has the cradle." Steve looked at her, "Good." She shook her head, "Bad, Ultron was made by Tony. He can't see the difference between saving the world and ending it. Where do you think he gets that from?", Steve looked at her and noticed the fear in her eyes, "Asher, what's wrong." She shook her head, "We have to get to New York." She ran off and the twins and the Captain quickly followed her. Steve could see how shaken up she was and the girl, Wanda. What was going on?

•••••••••••••••••••• 1 Week Ago ••••••••••••••••••••

Ashlyn stood in the house, Clint was gone on a mission and she was alone. They're wedding was tomorrow, and she was anxious. Natasha, Maria, and Pepper walked down the stairs, "Hey, everything is going to be fine." Ashlyn looked at the two, "He is with Tony." Pepper nodded but Maria stepped in, "And Steve and Bruce." Ashlyn sat down and Maria joined her, "What if he changes his mind because he realizes that married he can't do things and he-", Maria grabbed her, "Hey, it's fine. He loves you, and you'd have to be blind to see it." Ashlyn nodded and Maria pulled her into a hug, "If he does decide to leave, Steve and Tony will kill him." Ashlyn laughed and looked at her hand in her stomach with her engagement ring, "I really hope not." Maria sent her a smile, "Go to bed, we have an early morning tomorrow." Ashlyn nodded and made her way up the stairs and the three girls looked at each other.