I Fell For My Best Friend's Brother

hey so I have written short stories a lot in like notebooks and stuff but this is my first time actualy letting people read them. i can come up with short stories easily but I never can make an acutal book out of it. They never have the same idea but if I use the same names, Don't assume that they are from another story. I can never think of good names so i might reapeat them.................. but anyway this sould be the first of many short stories. I might make a book sooner or later but idk. 

so here is my first story........hope you like it!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Why did he have to come? Why did he have to say yes? Oh wait, I know why, because I am here. He still could have said no. He could have had better things to do, but he wouldn't miss a chance be around me.Never.

At the moment I am hiding in Avery's,my best friend, grandma's kitchen. I am just sitting here in the corner, behind the island countertop. He won't find me here. He won't find me here. Ugh no matter how many times I think it, I just can't help but to know that Carter will find me here.

Carter is a guy in my class that thinks that the world revolves around him. You know the captin of the football team. He is totally hot ( in Avery's standards)with his dirty blonde hair, his dull blue eyes, and his stupid smile. He also thinks he can get away with anything. Yeah he is that type of guy.He makes my life a living hell at school. We are both Sophmores at Ridgefield High. We have every class together, which only makes it easier for him to make me miserable.

He is currently walking around trying to find me. He has this huge watergun (childish, I know) that he took from Avery's little cousin. He is going to soak me with every drop of water in that gun. I know its just water but still, its probably freezing cold. I don't get why he has to do this. Why, Why, Why. If Jason waouldn't have invited him, then i wouldn't in this dumb kitchen. I could be outside with Avery. We could be out by the heated pool. I could be feeling the sun on my face.I could laugh when she says something about dying her hair brown instead of bleach blonde. She always says she liked my brown hair better, with its natural highlights. She said I only made my hair look better when i added pink to it. I think that .........

Suddenly I was hit by freezing cold water.Well I was right about one thing. I look over and see a little of his blonde hair whip around the corner. I also hear the same laugh I have heard since the 3rd grade. I pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around them, and lay my forehead on my arms. I just sit there. I sit there soaking wet. I practicely just sit the until I'm pretty much dry. 

I decided I better go change. When I look up I see a pair of customized Nike shoes hanging from the island counter. Right away I know who it is. I look up farther to see Avery's brother, Mason. He is just staring at me. I didn't hear him enter the room. I wonder if he was sitting there the whole time??? God I hope not. His Island Blue eyes were still on me.

He jumps off the counter and hold his hand out to help me up.  I look at his hand and then back up to his eyes. I take his hand and he helps me up. I suspect him to just walk away afterwards but he doesn't. He stands there and so do I. Neither of us turn to leave. He stares into my jade green eyes. I notice that our hands are intertwined. 

Ok yes I have had a crush on my Best Friends Brother since we first met. She doesn't know though. I never told her because i think she might stop inviting me to her house because she will think that i'm only there for her brother. She could also just shrug it off. This is why I've never told her, there is a possibilty that I could loose my Best Friend. Would she tell me if she liked Aaron. She probably would.I guess I will tell her after this.

As I come out of my thoughts, I notice that Mason is still looking at me. He starts to lean in. He looks at my lips and then back up to my eyes, as if he was asking to kiss me. With a smile, I nod slightly. He smiles back at me and leans in the rest of the way. The kiss was everything I suspected it would be. He tangles his fingers in my hair, as I tangle mine in his.When we break for air, I look behind him and out the window.

                                       I see a flash of bleach blonde hair pass the window.