Chapter 1: Blood-Stained Memories

• Dedicated to James Stark

Blood-Stained Memories - Chapter 1      

       Today was supposed to be a warm, happy, sunny day. Unfortunately, for young boy Kazuya Kumakichi, today was the day his world slowly fell apart. Hot stick sun bled through closed curtains that hid the window in 7 year old Kazuya's bedroom. The young boy was poised on the edge of his bed, rubbing his eyes as he glanced at the clock which read 8:00 am. With a shocked expression he shook his head. He never woke up around this time, he claimed it was much to early. but something was different this morning.

       He got up from his bed and made his way out of his room. He heard nothing but the soft-thud of his feet hitting the hard wood floor, everything else was abnormally silent. His parents should have been awake by now, but they were nowhere to be found. Staying quiet, Kazuya made his way to the kitchen. His midnight black hair looking a bit messy and slept in, but the young boy didn't take to much interest in it. His violet eyes scanned around the kitchen, looking for something to eat. He finally got out a blue plastic bowl and some cereal.

       An hour later there was still no one awake but Kazuya. The house stayed silently except for a constant creaking when Kazuya made his way up the stairs, and along the top floor. Then, breaking through the utter silence, a shrill, blood curdling scream echoed through the maze of hallways. At that instant Kazuya knew exactly who it was. His four year old sister, Lily, was screaming like a banshee, and it wasn't no playful scream, the girl was actually in pain.

      Kazuya felt as if everything in his world was moving in slow motion as he raced down the mess of hallways. Finally finding his sisters bedroom, he turned the know but the door wouldn't budge. It was locked. Kazuya began kicking the door as hard as he could, and finally the door burst down with a loud crash, but the young boy's eyes widened as the sight before him as he forced back a scream.

     Blood splattered across his terrified face, his eyes that were one of  the most beautiful color of violet were a storm cloud gray. His sister lied dead beside her pink princess bed, blood splattered across the pink blankets. Her eyes were blank and lifeless, though they stared endlessly at her purple ceiling. At her feet stood Kazuya's father who was grinning sickly.

     "Kazuya, my dear son! I'm sorry it had to end this way, but it had to be done. How sad for you, though. You could've lived it you weren't so damn nosey." His father told him, aiming a crimson covered butcher knife in Kazuya's direction.

      Kazuya took a step back towards the broken down door. He looked to his left where his mother was laughing like some mental person and aiming her shiny silver revolver as him. He quickly turned around and raced down the hallway he had just came out of, and towards the kitchen where he knew he could find at least one weapon. He reached for one of the silver hatchets ans held it protectively in-front of him. He stood silently, waiting for his parents.

     First to round the corner was his father, followed not far behind by his mother who looked a little lost. His father grinned looking at his son, who had the knife pointing at him.

     'Ha ha, you think you can hurt me? You pathetic little brat." His father chuckled. "I'm surprised you didn't run, you had enough time too." His demented father added.

       Without a reply, his father hurtled the sharp butchers knife towards Kazuya, who somehow dodged it swiftly. He pulled at some salt froma  cabinet, and chucked all over his father, which mad ehis eyes burn. This was his chance to hide, and get ready to slaughter his father. Surely the police would only put him in jail. For his crime, Kazuya felt as if he must kill him.

    With the corner of his eye he noticed a figure move out of a hallway, and tackle Kazuya straight to the ground. "Whats up, Kazuya?" His father asked in a sing  songy as he held the butcher knife he'd killed his sister with to Kazuya's throat.

     He felt the butcher knife lightly cut into his throat, and the young boy winced in pain, and struggled to get up. The knife he had was wedged underneath him, so far he couldn't manage to get it out. His now grey eyes watched as his father lifted the butcher knife away from his throat, and above his chest. He stabbed hard, breaking at least one rib. His father slide down his left shoulder/chest area, across, and ending at his right hip, somehow avoiding his heart. The boy slowly began to cry a bit, but somehow managed to continuously hold back his screams.

    The young boy reached under his back to grab his knife. He arched it slightly, and managed to drag it out. His father, was to busy focusing on ways to kill Kazuya, that he didn't notice until it had already happened, that Kazuya had shoved his knife into his fathers chest, right into his heart. with a loud, eerie scream, his father fell back, dead. 

    His mother watched silently, crying. She lifted her own gun to her forehead, and pulled the trigger. Her body fell down with a thud, and she lie dead,  a puddle of blood forming underneath her. 

    Somehow while this happened, Kazuya managed to stand. He leaned against the wall, and made his way towards the front door. Blood dripped form his chest, as he gripped his chest, tears sliding down his blood red cheeks. The boy was stained with blood.

    He opened the door to the sound of pouring rain. He sat down on the edge of the deck, hugged his knees, and closed his eyes holding back tears. Memories of a happy family flooded through his head. His dad always loved his son and daughter, how could he have possibly tried to kill himself. Tears threatened, and when Kazuya lifted his head to the sound of sirens, they broke through and he was wailing by the time some paramedics picked him up, put a blanket around him, since the boy was shivering from the cold rain, and hurdled him up into the ambulance. 

     He could see the mouths moving from the nurses and paramedics, but he drowned them out, to caught up in thought that his eyes drifted closed, and the young boy fell unconscious.