Computers on Wheels (elephants_are_cool)

Nat's POV

"Thanks." I whispered, quiet enough that no one could hear. "You're the best friend I could ever have." Lizzy smiled simply, a weak smile, but a beautiful one none the less.

"I'll be right back." I whispered, dashing outside. I found the doctors office quickly. It had a large sign, and was full of people in medical scrubs.

"Excuse me?" I asked at the doorway. "Are any of you the doctor for Elizabeth Sanders?"

"Yes." One doctor spoke up, standing up. She was young, obviously not that far out of med school.

"Can I speak to you for a second?" I asked, and she nodded, getting up and coming out into the corridor.

"When can she go home?" I asked, feeling slightly anxious. I didn't want Lizzy to have to stay in hospital for weeks, but I knew that it was a real possibility.

"I am unsure at this point. She seems to have improved since you and her friends got here, but she did lapse earlier."

"That was my fault." I interrupted. "I was arguing with someone, over something that he said to her. She feels guilty that I am still angry at him." I explained.

"That changes things then." The doctor spoke, obviously deep in thought. "I guess, that if you can garuntee that she won't lapse, she can go home tomorrow."

"Really?" I asked, the hope clear in my voice.

"Yeah, I guess." She smiled, going back to the doctors room.

"Thanks!" I called out, and ran back to the room. Everyone stared at me, the expressions a mixture of confusion and wonder.

"You can go home tomorrow." I grinned, and Lizzy almost jumped in excitement. It had taken a bit to convince her, but now that she felt that we all cared about her, she couldn't wait to get home.

"I can't wait." She grinned, and I grinned back.

"Can you stay here tonight?" She asked me.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled. "Anything you want."

"Thank you." She said, truly grateful.

We spent the next little while sitting around Lizzy's bed, talking and laughing. Liam and I were sitting far apart, and as much as I didn't like it, I couldn't forgive him, not yet. Lizzy gave me a pointed look, but I brushed it off. When the boys finally left to go to a hotel, Lizzy instantly turned to me.

"Why are you angry at him?" She asked.

"Cause he hurt you, and said things I didn't want him to say."  I replied simply.

"I've forgiven him though." She said, seeming mildly confused.

"He can't say things like that to my best friend. I really like him, maybe even love him, but I love you more, your, I need you more. I'm not going to forgive him that easily." I explained, and Lizzy nodded that she understood.

"Do forgive him though." She said determinedly.

"I will, in due course." I said, curling up on chair.

"Sleep up here." Lizzy said, smiling broadly.

"You sure?" I asked, standing up.

"Yeah, of course." She smiled. I jumped on her bed, and curled up, leaving plenty of room for Lizzy.

"Night." I whispered.

"Night." She replied. I slowly fell asleep, getting the first full nights sleep in a couple of weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning feeling happy and relaxed. Lizzy was awake, and smiling at me.

"HEY!" I yelled

"HEY!" She yelled back.

"You get to go home." I said, biting the inside of my lip in excitement.

"I KNOW!" She screamed excitedly, leaping off the bed, literally. Unfortunately, she has about the same amount of co-ordination skills as me, i.e none. Lizzy landed on her hip, crying out in pain.

"You okay?" I asked, managing to get off the bed without injuring myself.

"Yeah." She groaned, pulling herself up. I helped her back to the bed, and sat down next to her.

"You know what that reminded me of?" I whispered, noticing that a nurse was walking past, and also I really couldn't be bothered talking in a normal voice.

"What?" She replied, also whispering.

"When I fell down the stairs, just after the boys kidnapped us."

"Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that." Lizzy grinned.

"Me too, I can't believe I ever hated them." I sighed.

"Hated who?" Louis asked as the boys walked in.

"You guys." Lizzy laughed, as Louis made an expression of mock horror.

"I AM OFFENDED!" He screeched, making Liam, who was standing next to him, cringe.

"Don't do that." He growled, grumpily.

"Sorry." Louis sighed, walking over to Lizzy, and giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Awwwww." I grinned, still sitting on Lizzy's bed.

"Shut up." Lizzy said jokingly, pushing me off the bed.

"Fine then." I replied, stalking over to the corner, trying to keep from grinning.

"Computer on wheels." She grinned, and I spun around in surprise.

"Who you calling Computer on wheels, you computer on wheels." I sassed, unable to keep the laughter in any more. I collapsed on the floor, laughing, as Lizzy did the same, except she was on a comfortable bed.

"What's a computer on wheels?" Niall asked suddenly.

"We had these computers at school, that they kept in a moveable trolley. They were nicknamed the COWS, which stood for computer on wheels. So Lizzy and I decided in our infinite wisdom, that we would call anyone we didn't like a computer on wheels. It was halarious." I explained, remembering the one time we had called a checkout assistant that. She had been refusing to serve some elderly woman, so we had completely confused her, before helping the lady to another counter.

"Oh." Niall said, sounding extremely intelligent.

"Yeah." I replied, standing up, after realising that I was still on the floor. I noticed that Liam was staring at me, but looked away whenever I caught him.