VIII

"Why're you doing this..?" I asked while looking down.

"You didn't like it?" He replied with a smirk.

"N-No.. It's just.."

He suddenly lets go of his grip of me, having a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry. Again, for the second time."

Minutes after that, the air between us is really tense and awkward. We didn't know what to say to each other. His mind must be in some kind of confusion right now, he doesn't know what he's doing, I guess.

"Let's get going." Mello suggested, and headed off the room first.

I sighed heavily. I feel disappointed for some reason, but I shouldn't be.

Sometime later, when I reached the basement's lounge, one of the mafia's men was already talking to Mello. And I overheard their conversation, I tend to eavesdrop a lot.

I saw he lent some notebook to him, could it be?

"Boss, we found a Death Note while we were outside. Ya think this is legit?" One of the men asked and Mello quickly got a grip on it as he scanned through the notebook.

He stayed quiet, then looked around the room. He stared at a corner, looking confused and somewhat scared.

"A Sh-Shinigami!?" He stuttered and stumbled while still fazed looking onto nothing.

A death god? Where? I don't see it. Is he toying with the rest of his men?

Or, once you get a hold of that notebook, you'll see the so-called death god? Maybe that's it. I have to get that notebook somehow, so I can find out myself.

****

Sometime later, Mello's men left. I do not know why, maybe they had an errand or something.

Errand. Riiiight.

What the hell am I doing anyway? I mean, I'm supposed to get the notebook right? Then why am I sitting on this uncomfortable bed, waiting for like the notebook to jump on me?

Was I afraid to approach Mello after what he had been doing to me? Kissing me and then leaving me hanging after?

God, since when was I drama queen?

Ever since you had feeling for Mihael.

"Thanks conscience." I sarcastically responded to myself. And that's when I realized, I've been thinking. OUT LOUD.

"Who are you talking to?" Great, it's Mello.

Embarrassing much? I grew up in England and here I am talking to myself like a lunatic. I think I deserve getting put in a mental hospital.

"No one in particular." I said out of nowhere to somehow defend my craziness. My head was in the clouds, who's there to blame? Oh yeah, myself apparently.

"Have you gone crazy or some shit?" He asked, raising his eyebrow and crossing his arms across his chest. Damn, that leather jacket really suits him.

"Are you.. drooling?" He bombarded me with another question, looking pretty much disgusted.

Yep. It's official, I HAVE EMBARRASSED MYSELF COMPLETELY.

So, how can you cover yourself now?

I do not know and I wish to disappear. Like now. Please.

Help me out in this situation. I'm ashamed of myself.