"But she …" Malcolm starts with an uneasy glance in Edwin’s direction.

"I. Will. Deal. With. Her." I say tightly stressing each word. "I believe she was motivated by fear or rather terror, not by nastiness or obstinacy unlike some others," I send a glare at Edwin who has refused to let anyone help him with the deep scratches I left on his ribs.

"But she can’t go around making those kind of threats," Edwin growls angrily.

"I will be making that clear to her," I tell him refusing to get drawn into another fight.

"What about her disobeying you yesterday? The way she wandered off by herself after being told not to wander off alone?" Edwin demands, "You just going to let that go after putting her in her place?"

"No one took into consideration her upbringing or her occupation before she came here. Rosy worked treating sick or injured animals. The cow having trouble calving would have triggered the urge to help. She probably didn’t even consider her actions or their consequences," I say evenly.

"You’re just taking it easy on her because you want her! You fucked up your chances with Donna so now you’ve decided to settle for Rosy. You’re putting your own desires ahead of Jazzy’s safety and Jazzy is your sister!" Edwin growls angrily as he gets to his feet and faces me.

"Rosy threatened you, the chief warrior. Hell, no one is physically bigger than you here and she is prepared to try to take you on. What if she decides to attack one of the smaller members of our clan? Timny, Chris or maybe even Justin or Donny… going to stand aside saying she didn’t consider her actions then?" Edwin demands coldly. "You need to put her in her place right from the start!"

I can see how carefully Edwin is choosing his words. He genuinely cares about the safety of everyone Rosy may come into contact with, even if his team members come before his own youngest brothers. I can’t help noticing Edwin only mentions the smallest members of his own team, even though there are others smaller than them, along with our two youngest brothers.

"Micah?" Donny calls uncertainly from the doorway and I glance towards him to see Justin move into sight behind him.

"Come in Donny. We are just discussing Rosy’s behaviour earlier," I tell him.

"Edwin might have a point Micah," Dwayne mutters uneasily.

"I have already said I will be punishing her for making the threat and I will be having a very serious talk to her about her actions yesterday" I force myself to remain calm and in control of the situation. I realise this is much more than concern being voiced over Rosy’s behaviour

– my ability to put everyone’s safety above my interest in Rosy is in question.

"Shouldn’t both Mitchell and I be in here when you are discussing Rosy like this?" Sam asks coldly as he moves past Justin and Donovan with Mitchell close behind him.

"Rosy is injured. You said you’re not sure how bad, Micah. She is in pain and that painkiller you gave her has knocked her out. Do I have to protect my sister?" Sam asks evenly. Sam stands facing me, clearly determined to stand between Rosy and me if he believes it is necessary. Mitchell has positioned himself behind Sam as well as between the hallway door and everyone else. Together they are a formidable defence team.

"I never intended to start this kind of conversation without you both here and nothing would be decided amongst the team without you present. Some have concerns over your sister’s behaviour and are worried about … the safety of others," I say evenly.

"You planning on punishing Rosy?" Mitchell demands. "She was badly frightened and totally at your mercy when she made sure you knew she was prepared to defend herself."