"...Your face is stupid."

"Right. Make it quick, Mum says I should let you shower first."

"Hn."

--TIMESKIP--

"Are you going by yourself, or is Carter taking you?" Mum asked. I shrugged.

"Carter!" I called up the stairs.

"What!" he screeched back.

"Take me to your leader!"

"Mum's downstairs with you!" I facepalmed.

"Take me to the mall!"

"Oh, that leader," he grinned, coming down the stairs. He was already dressed, and Mum and I looked to each other before eyeing him.

"Where're you going?" Mum asked, and he shrugged.

"To take her to them," he replied, and Mum sent him a look.

"You're in the jacket you bought yesterday, clearly for a reason; you cleaned those shoes last weekend and hadn't worn them since, also for a reason, it seems; and you smell of cologne. Where were you going again?" she asked, and for a few moments there was nothing but silence.

This is the reason behind me having graduated college at sixteen.

My mother was actually Sherlock, minus the sociopath tendencies. So she's literally an upgraded Sherlock.

"Fine, I'm going out with someone, okay?" he grumbled, and Mum raised her eyebrow while I just made a disgusted face. The thought of some poor sod going out with Carter was kind of disgusting.

"Uh huh. When are you coming home?" she asked, and he groaned.

"Mum, I've twenty one!"

"And living in my house. When are you coming home?"

"...Around eleven?"

"Hmm... fine, but get the girl home at a safe hour." she said, and Carter pouted, but nodded. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, are you done? Can we go now?" I kissed Mum's cheek before hollering a goodbye to Dad, upstairs in his office. He shouted a goodbye back to me as I shouldered my bag and went outside, leaving the front door open behind me.

All that talk of Carter going out with that poor girl got me hungry. Speaking of that poor girl, I'd probably have to steer clear of her when they broke up.

Carter got into the car, smelling of cologne, like Mum had pointed out. It smelled really nice, actually.

"What cologne is that?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Something...?" he mumbled, and I facepalmed.

"I swear, if it's from Dad's collection he's gonna be annoyed." I warned, and he waved me off.

"He gave me. Actually, he was the one who sprayed it on me when I was going downstairs." he replied, and I gave a short laugh. Dad always did get excited when Carter said he was going on a date, something that's only happened twice before. I sighed at the thought of his previous dates.

He pulled up in front of the mall, and I gave him a smile, just to be polite.

"Later," I said, and he nodded, checking his phone with a nervous expression. I scoffed and slammed the door shut, waiting for him to drive away. I was jumped at once, and my eyes widened. I got ready to flip them; grabbing their wrists and twisting, but stopped when I realized who it was.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, owowowowowowow!"

"...That wasn't my fault." I defended as soon as Matt shut up, and Carter snickered from his car. I raised an eyebrow.