"HELP, HELP MY GRANDMOTHER NEEDS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL PLEASE HELP!" I run outside screaming. There was a man in a tricycle who heard & stopped riding to run out, into my house & helped my grandma. A few neighbours came running to help & others just stood watch kind people help my grandma & I into the tricycle off to the nearest hospital. My eyes full of tears I last saw my grandma in pain.

I was woken up by a nurse. In a room, my grandma on the bed resting in hospital clothing. "Excuse me miss, sorry to wake you up.. but are you related to the patient?" 

"Yes, I'm her granddaughter."

"Do you have any other relatives that we should have to inform?"

"I'm not too sure.."

The nurse strangely looked at me..

"Your grandmother is suffering.. Lung Cancer."

I was shocked, I turned my head & looked at my grandma sleeping in peace. I bawled my eyes out, not knowing what to do.

"Is there anything you could do to make her better?" I sob.

"We can try an operation which is the only thing we could do.. otherwise she'd have to take a lot of medication for her to stay alive for as long as possible."

"How much does the operation cost?"

"It's going to cost $40,000."

Speechless. I had nothing to say. What am I going to do, I am only 15 and my grandma is the only one I have left. 

"Excuse me miss, we need your decision."

"Well, I'll go with the operation.. please keep my grandmother alive, she is the only one I have."

"We'll do an operation, but we're going to have to medicate her first. Are you willing to pay that much amount of money?"

"Please give me time, for the money. For now do whatever it takes for her to stay alive PLEASE!"

The nurse nodded her head & walked away. 

I sat on the side of my grandmas bed. "Grandma, please be strong. I really need you. I love you, I will do whatever it takes. I'll stop schooling and find a job, and then when you finish your operation. I will continue with school, and then I will get a good job and we can fly to places, buy a good house, lots of food! So please grandma, stay with me & we'll make our dreams come true."

I walked out the hospital, got more flowers. I went back to the Love fountain & stayed there for a while having people to buy. It wasn't enough, I'm getting too little amount of money.

I walk towards a young man, he looked very decent. I asked him if he'd buy some flowers, he refused to. But I told him the story of my grandma, he looked at me from head to toe.. He was impressed? He bought some flowers & started a conversation.

"You're really pretty you know, you have a great personality also. Doing a great job for your grandma like that. Are you getting enough money for her operation though?"

"Thank you, no. But I'm willing to take whatever job possible to help my grandma."

"Oh, well I think I have a job for you. Are you willing to do ANY job?"

"Yes yes indeed! What job is it do you have for me?!"

He wispers in my ears.. as soon as I heard those words, I was afraid. I didn't want to.

He looks me in the eyes.. and smiles, grabs my hand & took me into his car. I didn't know what to do. He drove to this building, it was a nice building. We went up to his room, he locked the door behind us and told me to undress. I refused to.. I started crying, screaming and continuously hit the door, to try and unlock it.

"SHUTUP. Do you want your money or not? It's a good price, and it'll pay off 1/4 of your grandmas operation. So you'd rather do it the easy way, or the hard way?"

I had no choice, I am stuck here.. I promised myself it would only be for the sake of my grandmother. There, I undressed.. it was horrible. A night that I regret..

The next morning, I was in bed.. blood on the bed sheets.. money on the side table. He wasn't there, he left. $10,000 the money exact. I cleaned myself, I looked in the mirror at how much of a disgraceful child I am for exchanging myself for money. I bet the $5,000 was for myself & the other was kindness for my grandma. What I'm still so ashamed. If this is the only way to get that amount of money, then I will do so.

I visited my grandmother, later on the day. I was in tears on the chair next to her bed, holding her soft tender hand. "I'm sorry ma. I got a job.. I don't like it.."

She looks at me, "I should be sorry, I've bothered you. If I wasn't sick, you wouldn't have stopped school. Why do you hate your job?."

"No, ma. I will do whatever it takes to get your conditions back to normal. I get paid little, I work at a bakery." I had to lie. I couldn't just tell her what I do to get good amount of money. I never told her that I had $10,000 in my pocket.

"I'm going to work now ma, sleep well." I kissed her on the forehead, and left.

I continued doing my job for 3 weeks. I was getting paid enough, I was almost up to the amount of money I needed. I was getting used to this.. but It doesn't mean I like it. I'm still in disgrace.

A week has past & I haven't visited my grandma for 3 days straight. I got paid again, just enough money to have the operation done! I was so excited, I ran to the hospital into my grandmothers room but her bed was empty.

"Excuse me, nurse. Do you know where my grandmother is, this is her room?" 

"She's in the Emergency room, she wouldn't wake up to have breakfast this morning."

"W-what.. which way is th-the emergency room?" I stutter.. tears roll down my face.

The doctor walks towards me, "I'm sorry, miss. It's too late. Your grandmother is.."

"No, NO! NO! No!" I ran to the emergency room, towards the window.. bawling my eyes out, seeing my grandma. The zigzag motion on the electrocardiogram, had turned into a straight line..

She's gone..