Train Station

The Pevensie family stood in a train station surrounded by other families. Helen was kneeling by Lucy tying a tag to her bag strap.

     "You need to keep this on, darling. Alright. You warm enough?" Helen asked Lucy looking up at her youngest. Lucy nodded. "Good girl."

     She placed a kiss on Lucy's forehead as she stood up. Rose wrapped her arms around Lucy's shoulders. Edmund stood close to Rose like she would keep him strong through his mental struggle.

     "If Dad were here, he wouldn't make us go," Edmund said leaning a little into Rose who pulled him closer.

     "If Dad were here, it means the war was over and we wouldn't have to go." Peter snapped but didn't continue when he saw Rose's glare.

     "You will listen to your brother, won't you Edmund?" Helen said before going to hug him goodbye only for him to sink further into Rose's arms. She placed a light kiss on his forehead. She then gave Peter a hug.

     "Promise me you'll look after the others," Helen whispered in his ear.

     "I will, mum," Peter replied giving her a squeeze before releasing her. She then hugged Susan.

     "Susan... Be a big girl." Helen whispered before turning to Rose who separated herself from the youngest to give her mom a hug.

     "I'll keep them safe don't you worry," Rose whispered to her mom before grabbing Lucy's hand and holding Edmund's shoulder.

     "Alright, off you go," Helen said. The five siblings walked to the train.

     "May I have your tickets, please? Tickets please!" The ticket collector said to Peter, who was distracted by soldiers going off to war. Rose gentle took the tickets from Peter's hand bringing him back to what was going on. "On you go."

     "Yes, thank you," Peter said to the ticket collector as they headed onto the train. Lucy looked back to where their mom was. Rose gave a reassuring squeeze to her hand and entered the train. They looked out a window and waved goodbye as the train started pulling away.

     "Goodbye, my darlings," Helen said as she waved back until the train moved out of sight.

     The five siblings found a compartment with only two other children. Peter put their luggage on the racks above the seats. Edmund, however, put his luggage up by himself. Lucy sat next to the window with Rose sitting next to her. Edmund sat next to Rose while Susan and Peter sat next to the other children. Rose pulled out a book and read softly of Lucy and Edmund.