Peaches and Cream

I struggled through the moving crowd. People all around me were rushing past me obviously going their own way. I cautiously step around a man who was in such a rush that he almost stepped on my new ballet flats that I bought from SoHo. I stand near a rusted pole, waiting for train to come. I turn my head to see a small child; possibly five or six, pulling on what looked like, his mom's long blouse. He was whining and screaming, trying to tell her what he wanted to do. His mom was just standing there looking tired and anoyed. I kept watching him carefully, wondering why his mom is just letting this little brat tell him what to do. I hear a person in the background calling my subway train number. I quickly walk to the platform, trying to avoid people pushing and shoving me. I was the first one in the subway train, so headed for a seat near the closest exit. I sit down watching more people bustle into the train. I brace myself for people stepping on my foot more. I'm probably going to have a huge sore on my big toe when I get home.

The train pauses to a sharp halt. The train doors open slowly and I get up out of my seat. I exit through the doors and step onto the platform. I walk up the steps leading out of the subway station. I exit out to the loud city. After walking about three miles, I finally reach my aprtment building. I walk to the elavators in the lobby. The doors open, and I enter in. I push the button for the floor my apartment is on.

The doors finally open and I exit, heading for my apartment. When I was barely two feet away from the door, it bursts open quickly. I barely got one chance to respond to what just happened, when my sister Ashlee tackling me.

"What the hell, Ashlee?!" I said, mad at her for just jumping on me almost breaking my back. Ashlee was one year younger than me. I'm seventeen, turning eighteen in five months, and she is sixteen. Ashlee is one of those sisters who just anoys you to death. I swear if you are left alone with her in the same room alone, she will keep talking so much, that even the sweetest person ever, will turn into a axe murderer.

"I'm so MAD!" Ashlee responed,getting off me, holding her hand out for me to use to pull myself up.

"Okay, I thought you were already mad." I teased, obviously referring to the Mad Hatter.

"Not funny right now! It's mom and dad. They are making us go somewhere." she said.

"Where? How long?" I said pressing the subject.

"They said that we're moving to Georgia for a long time." she said. At that moment my whole world crashed in front of me.

"What?!"